Home

Polygons used in JO

Anakin

I know this should realy belong in editing, but I know the ans is on these forums.

I need to know roughtly how many polys there are going to be in the game for the player models.

Lets just say I need to know ASAP, so that I can get some screen shots up of some models in game for the TC :)

Thx in adavance.

SOF2 will sport 3,000 polygons per character (Q3 really only supported 1,500). Which should be very close to what JO will have (more or less).

Desslock, thats what LOD is for. Multi-player can have the same amount of polys as single-player. But if your connection sucks or if you have a lot of lag, you can set the polygon count to a lower number to get those FPS higher.

Well, if he is designing a multiplayer only mod, why make another LOD level used for Singleplayer.

And by the way, your connection has very little, if any, impact on your framerate. The only connection I can think of is RAM/CPU cycles...

You ought to know that Mr. God :)

Take into account that 3000 is actually pretty much, and that it should be more than enough to get decent detail on your character. Extra detail can be added by a kickass skin without needing any more polygons. On the single player versus multiplayer issue, it is mostly the environment in single player games that will be taking up the extra polygons. Focus on the environment for your poly's ;)

Archived