Home

suit in concept art

db6

If you have visited the concept art section of the Lucas Arts website, then you've probably seen this:

13.jpg

Does anyone know if anything is mentioned about the suit? It looks like a battle suit from the preview shots of Quake IV and Unreal 2, or maybe it has a different significance in the Star Wars universe; like a mantainance suit? Input is appreciated.

It doesn't seem to have propellers, so it is a ground-type suit. It does seem to pack an awsome fire-power, though, which leads to the conclusion that it's some kind of "humanoid/wearable tank", maybe we'll be able to get into one of these things in Single Player?

Unless... this is going to be the suit that main villain, Admiral Galak Fyyar(not Dark Jedi Desann) uses when we fights againts Kyle. As Brett Tosti mentioned in XGR interview, "he was Emperor's sort of right hand man as far as new technology and science is concerned", so he really needs a powerful arsenal, if he is trying to defeat "Jedi", who doesn't hesitate to use Dark Side powers as well. I wouldn't be surprised, if Fyyar had designed this one himself. Or am I thinking too much AvP 2 here? ;)

Guest Apparition

We all know that there are some missions on a mining facility at the beginning and then on cloud city. This might be a mining type suit. It's got the claw and the gun so it kind of makes sense. Shoot crap and then carry it back. heh

Originally posted by Apparition

We all know that there are some missions on a mining facility at the beginning and then on cloud city. This might be a mining type suit. It's got the claw and the gun so it kind of makes sense. Shoot crap and then carry it back. heh

Wouldn't the guy need a helmet then (or some kind of head protection)? Or are there no labor unions in the star wars universe!!!

Guest Apparition
Originally posted by db6

Wouldn't the guy need a helmet then (or some kind of head protection)? Or are there no labor unions in the star wars universe!!!

Maybe he tooked the helmet off? They often have to do that if they want to leave the suit hehe :)

I think the drivable vehicle might be an AT-ST. I don't really think that the suit counts as a vehicle. Like Apparition said, if you look at the NRI reports they say about mining operations and the suit will probably be being used by characters there.

Maybe we can have bots like this guy fighting us in Multiplayer Deathmatch, that would add some extra spice into Multiplayer games, and it would make sense, since with all that armour, he could go against a Jedi, but not for long!

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

This picture is 8 months old, it's possible the guy isn't even in the game anymore, or maybe still is, but looks alot different...

The picture then would have been removed, or we would have been presented with an updated model of the person if anything had changed, but you might be right, afterall, they changed many things in different versions of the Beta's

I doubt this is a mining suit. If you look at the guy's collar, you'll notice it looks very similar to an Imperial officer's collar. I don't think officers would be wasting their time mining junk. I think this is more likely the concept of the combat suit that the evil guy uses.

Archived