Home

How good do you think you'll be at JO MP?

ps2maddenman

How good will you be in MP mode?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. How good will you be in MP mode?

• Jedi Master (Elite)
    • Bounty Hunter (Very Good)
    • Smuggler (Average)
    • Stormtrooper (Below Average)
    • Jawa (Horrible)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pipe Smoke

Who was I? ah well, I think I used a few different names... there was a main one, though I wouldn't be surprised if nobody remembered it... it's not like I used any ladders or tournaments or anything, being the best player in the world is something you just know in your heart, and I knew it :)

My performance in the game spoke for itself though, nobody could stand up to me and my saber/force tactics... no gun, no hack... could touch me.

I could give the main name I used, but it might simply result in it being even more likely to get snatched up and such.

Just trust me, and believe my claim.

All too soon I will be proving it to you all personally :)

As for sarcasm, yea there's a little bit in what I say... but not nearly as much as there should be! I'm far too close to being absolutely serious here. Maybe I don't even know myself whether I really believe it.

The best eh?

ur a funny little boy

this is a forum for an online video game. you must be new to forums like these.

he is the one saying how great he is. im raising the bs flag. he will cleverly find a way to not play me though. either that or he will insist we play on his server choice(listen server on his 56k). he will try his best to stack the deck in his favor. thats fine ill still beat him.

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by madrebel

this is a forum for an online video game. you must be new to forums like these.

You know what, *I* am familiar enough with forums like these to appreciate the relative friendliness and freedom of tit-for-tat bickering present in this particular one.

I'd like to see that spirit be continued here and you two are the ones spoiling the party.

Like JediArs suggested, if you want to make this personal than *make* it personal (use e-mail, AIM, ICQ, PM, whatever) and don't taint this thread with your mutual gripes.

I find it really hilarious how easily you are ryled up madrebel. I'm just messin' around talking myself up for humor value... and you get all personal and weird on me.

Don't worry, we shall battle.

I don't have a 56k btw... if I did I wouldn't play online games at all.

I just have a meager DSL tier 1... but, it should work for hosting a little 1 on 1 action against you.

I won't try to stack the deck any more than just me being the server, I prefer that because I am not that familiar with all the things a server admin can do with the quake engine, and I don't want to have to worry about you doing some weird settings or something. If there is one thing you can rely on about me, whether I really am the bomb or am just some no skill newb as you would like to believe... and that is that I am 100% anti-hacker.

I think you'll get a decent ping with me hosting though, where do you live anyway?

either way, let's try to tone down the viciousness between us. Let's leave that until the duel.

In the mean time let's be civil to one another. BTW I'm sure you are very skillful, and will get kills on me. I just do think that I will probably come out on top at the very least, hopefully by a large margin. Oh and if you want to know my friend who is the bomb at T1's name, I will ask him what it was I don't remember off hand because I didn't play it very much. I don't know that he wants me going around saying it but maybe I won't tell him I am doing so, I'll find it out.

just cause im a techno elitist and a misinformation hater.

there is no such thing as a teir 1 dsl line.

why should you be the host? i have access to dedicated servers so that neither of us would have the advantage.

im not "ryled up" im calling you on your bs. no it wont be a 1 on 1, ill have kaiser there at least to witness your suckage.

I think you'll get a decent ping with me hosting though, where do you live anyway?
since you ahve a hard time seeing anything beneath my avatar, newport beach california. also im on a 1.1meg/1.1meg sdsl line a decent ping for me is in the 80s so if you cant get less than that than we paly else where.

I'd like to see that spirit be continued here and you two are the ones spoiling the party.
the "spirit" of this thread is a skill boasting thread. the topic is "how good do you think you will be at jko" correct?

this guy says he is the best gamer ever. i call BS and challenge his skills in this skill based thread. i think thats entirely within the 'spirit' of this thread.

madrebel... your name and your avatar are both supremely appropriate. You are one of the most perpetually angry and cantankerous people I've ever encountered, and Han looks freaking PO'd in that picture.

As for the tier 1 DSL thing, my local phone company provides 3 tiers of DSL line... it's their own system and believe me it's quite real and quite possible. That's all I'm referring to.

BTW I never said I was the best gamer ever, I said I was the greatest Jedi Knight player ever.

I suppose I don't have to host, but already you are provoking my suspicions especially with wanting some fool friend of yours there. But, I suppose all of what you suggest is acceptable.

We've got a while yet to plan this out, the freaking game isn't even out yet. Much to my sorrow.

Now let's set aside the rivalry until we're actually dueling it out. You've called me on my "BS" plenty for now, the next time and most important time you call me on it will be when you put me through the shredder in game. So just await that for now.

You're right about the point of this thread and it's tone, and our bickering fits into it nicely. Nonetheless I think we've gone as far with it as we can until our showdown.

Now tell me this, do you happen to know what the collector's edition of this game includes? I just switched my reserve at software etc. from normal to that.

Guest X-Vector

the "spirit" of this thread is a skill boasting thread. the topic is "how good do you think you will be at jko" correct?

this guy says he is the best gamer ever. i call BS and challenge his skills in this skill based thread. i think thats entirely within the 'spirit' of this thread.

That's funny, I don't see the word "boasting" in the topic header.

This is supposed to be a poll that provides an opportunity to explain why you think you will do well or not so well in JO MP.

It's not supposed to be a two person pissing/grudge match or a trial.

All IMNSHO (you learn something new every day) of course.

Originally posted by Pipe Smoke

madrebel... your name and your avatar are both supremely appropriate. You are one of the most perpetually angry and cantankerous people I've ever encountered, and Han looks freaking PO'd in that picture.

you dont know me. im really not angry. i just think youre a fool for claiming to be something that youre not. the avatar and my name(my name dates back to when i first played on the zone) were deliberate. han = dont f with me. han also = neither light nor dark yet always good in the end. i walk the line. the ends justify the means.

As for the tier 1 DSL thing, my local phone company provides 3 tiers of DSL line... it's their own system and believe me it's quite real and quite possible. That's all I'm referring to.

then your isp is spewing misinformation and confusion. standard isp salemanship im afraid.

BTW I never said I was the best gamer ever, I said I was the greatest Jedi Knight player ever.

my mistake.

I suppose I don't have to host, but already you are provoking my suspicions especially with wanting some fool friend of yours there. But, I suppose all of what you suggest is acceptable.

just to set you fears at ease q3 dedicated(as well as listen) servers can run in whats called 'pure' mode. meaning there is NOTHING loaded on the server that you as a client dont have(models, maps, and skins dont count). meaning a dedicated server admin can only kick and or ban you. and if they manage to do that without you knowing then well....yeah.

Now let's set aside the rivalry until we're actually dueling it out. You've called me on my "BS" plenty for now, the next time and most important time you call me on it will be when you put me through the shredder in game. So just await that for now.

dont faltter yourself you have to prove youre on my level b4 i even consider you a rival

You're right about the point of this thread and it's tone, and our bickering fits into it nicely. Nonetheless I think we've gone as far with it as we can until our showdown.

Now tell me this, do you happen to know what the collector's edition of this game includes? I just switched my reserve at software etc. from normal to that.

uhmmm no i dont actually. probably clips from episode2. maybe extra stuff on the making of jko *shrug*. i know there are 2 versions.

you dont know me.

But maybe I know you! It's a longshot, but...I go to school in Newport Beach --- NHHS. (live in Costa Mesa) Unless this is a different "Newport Beach, CA" of course :)

EDIT: Ummmm, crap, this is my brother's name. Oops. :o

'Tis Redwing speaking.

Originally posted by prodigy

But maybe I know you! It's a longshot, but...I go to school in Newport Beach --- NHHS. (live in Costa Mesa) Unless this is a different "Newport Beach, CA" of course :)

EDIT: Ummmm, crap, this is my brother's name. Oops. :o

'Tis Redwing speaking.

no you dont know me. but i can see your school from my apartment :) you dont know me cause i dont go to highschool anymore (im almost 24).

tell me newport doesnt have the highest population of hot ass blonde girls with belly shirts yum :D

i remember this one twat named spider from jk1 that acted the same way you do. after beating him down over and over and over he still swore up and down that he was better than me

Hmm, you're not referring to me, are you Madrebel? My name's definitely Spider... FW_Spider_AL on the Zone, to be precise... I'd be interested to know... :D

in think idmir spla was the last person wearing the JKE tag. i dont even know wtf happened to alot of those guys...thats like 3 or 4 lost icq lists ago heh.

yeah ill be hosting probably a 8-12 player expert only nf saber server off my sdsl line. maybe 2 or 3 servers at work off the t1s. ill stop by those ircs.

Archived