Home

"Remove Object" Trigger Effect

Can anyone give me a description of the options for removing an object as a trigger effect. (What is the list types used for...Object types....set object....so on.) I've been able to figure out some of the other triggers with no problem, but I'm having a time trying to get a Kasshykk...? tree to disapear when the Sacred Staff or Jedi holocron is brought to an assigned area. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, That sounds simple enough. What if I wanted the Trigger to fire when the Sacred Staff is brought to a certain area? I've been trying this for a few days. When I assign the staff as the object to be brought to the destination area, nothing happens. But when I assign a Jedi as the object to be brought to the area it fires fine. Is it not recognizing the staff because it turns into a holocron when it is picked up? I can't get it to fire with a Holocron either. Is there a way to actually bring the staff to the assigned area? Also, how do I get a unit to be frozen from the begining of the game until a trigger deactivates it? I've tried to get this to work, I'm just not that familiar with the trigger options yet. Thanks for your help!

Ok, I appreciate the above help, but I must not be describing my problem good enough. (bare with me) When I go to set an effect for the remove object trigger, the options will change at the bottom of the screen according to the effects selection. Well for the remove object effect, the screen shows 2 drop down boxes on the left side, two drop down boxes in the middle(under the source character drop down box), and then the assign object/area buttons on the right side. I understand about the source character box and the object and area buttons on the right. I'm not real sure why or when I would need to use the other drop down boxes. They have something to do with object list and types. (example: obj_fighter ) why would I use that? I'm working on an awesome Senario, and I want to be able to do some really cool things. I'm just not quite sure how or if I can do everything I want. If I better understood these options, I feel I could bring a better Senerio to the floor. Thanks for the continual help!

That would be great if I could find a manual for the Scenario Editor, but so far I have not been able to, and I even called Lucasarts, to see if they knew of any litature on the subject, and they said that to their knowledge there wasn't any. However, if there is an Age of Kings manual for that Campaign editor, that should help me since the games are for the most part identical. Thanks! I'll check that out. I am still open for any suggestions. Thanks!

I found the AOK Campaign Editor Toolkit! It was exactly what I was looking for. Anyone looking for Trigger information, or anything else about scenario editing should take a look at this book. I found mine at CompUSA. Thanks for the Help!

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

Well personally, the AOK design toolkit is close to completely useless (from the point of view of someone who has designed for half a year prior to buying it), showing not even the absolutle basics. If you want to remove a Kashyyk tree, simply use the "remove object" effect and use "set area" instead of set object.

Archived