Home

Eb Still Says April 2....!!!!!

indianajones9

Well, I preordered JK2 at Gamestop at my local mall about a month ago. At that time the date was April 3rd. But they have most definately changed the date to March 29th, so if EB has April 2nd still, give them a day or two and I'll bet they change it the 29th.:)

Why you people order online is a mystery to me.

Unless you have no EB or other game store, than sure it is right, but if you have a local EB or something you WILL have the game faster that way.

The official in-store date is March 29th, 2002 - which means it will be in the store at the latest for March 29th, 2002.

Ordering online means getting the order processed and then shipped out. Takes more time to get to you, unless you have overnight shipping which costs way to much for my taste.

In my own experiences, in store shopping is much better when pre-ordering stuff.

I E-mailed eb about this earlier this morning, the response was that they get their dates from the vendors and they will change it soon "if the date is true", but the guy was friendly and said he was forwarding my message to his supervisor.

He said wait around 4 or 5 days and it should be updated.

they don't have to process it if its preordered since I think cause its already done ahead of time. Thats why people pre order then they ship it the day they get it in wharehouses so it ahead of time I believe and the actual release isn't always the day stores get stuff. I had to wait an extra day after release to get max payne plus I don't got a car or liscense or permit. Darn that permit test.:D

Originally posted by Squalliss

Why you people order online is a mystery to me.

Unless you have no EB or other game store, than sure it is right, but if you have a local EB or something you WILL have the game faster that way.

Well, when I lived in Colorado I'd usually get my games from EB online 2-3 days before the stores got them. Including the local EB.

Another reason I order online is the fact that it's usually cheaper. If I go to a store I'll usually pay $49.99(US) plus tax, not to mention the gas to get to the store.

Usually when I order online it's at least $5 cheaper and I'm not paying tax, though I do have to pay the $4 for shipping. But it's still cheaper, and easier especially if you live in the middle of nowhere like I do right now.

To be specific about why I ordered JK][ from EBgames.com:

The free shipping and T-shirt of course. And the $10 off was just a bonus :D

One interesting thing now that I think back on the games I've ordered online. Every game I've ordered has been a PC game. I've never ordered a console game. Guess it's just a tradition for me or something...

Every game I've preordered has hit my front door around 12pm the day (and sometimes 1-2 days BEFORE) it hit the shelves.. I know you could preorder them IN STORE too, but it would be just fine if I got it at my door at 12pm the day it arrived in stores. (Also the extras like the tshirt and 10 dollars off are nice)

Originally posted by ps2maddenman

EB has updated the ship date to 3/27/02, which means it will be in stores on 3/28/02 (a day early) heh

Yup, Here's the email update they sent out...

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

Thanks for pre-ordering Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast from

EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we'll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that the publisher has set a new ship date for Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast of March 27th, 2002. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

This means that, if I'm close enough to the shipping warehouse, I could be playing it on the 27th! :D :D :D

[edit: I selected the quickest shipping option]

Archived