Home

Here are two sketchs I made @ school for JK2

MustangMatt302

Can anyone say Ubermensch? :)

Honestly? I don't think it is anything particularly good, but hey, it is more than I'm doing. Sorry, I don't want want to sound nasty or anything, I'm just trying to give feedback.

hey dont let anyone get you down... like someone said in a past post, you have a good amount of potential to become a good artist.

i might suggest that you look at some online tutorials so you can really get the most possible out of the time you put in to these drawings. this link is to a pretty comprehensive anime drawing tutorial, and even if anime isnt what you like to draw, some of the stuff can be applied to traditional style drawing as well.

http://polykarbon.com/

keep at it and you will become a good artist, as all it takes is time and patience

your drawing is better than anything i can do, i think my 6 months old kid would draw better than me, but i saw its a special ops trooper, since everything revolves around it in the empire, i suggest maybe ''building" your trooper around a stormtrooper model, cause every troop in the empire resemble this one, but make it look a lot nastier than a normal stormtrooper.

excuse my poor english im french-canadian and trying to use a language that is useful!!!

Originally posted by MustangMatt302

Don't be alarmed when my 1968 302 4V Posi-Trac 4 Speed Acapulco Blue Mustang isn't hunkering down on your head during the middle of the night, Cheese.

:jango:

You gotta be old enough to drive first :laughing:

Honestly. Take some art classes in school before you start scanning your spiral notebook doodles and asking people what they think.

I'm all for being nice, but a little honesty never killed anyone, IN FACT...its stopped alot of talentless blonde bimbos from going to HollyWood to become "actresses", hrrrm well maybe not as many as it should have...but thats beside the point.

You've got a rudimentary ability to apparently CHISEL 2 dimensional images into a piece of paper with a pencil. But what you've shown us here shows no real talent for art, just about the same ability any other bored talentless kid in 4th period math has to doodle away the hour.

So, beyond all the people blowing smoke up your ass, and other people flaming you. Heres my suggestion? Do you like to draw? Then do it more often, take some classes, learn depth and perspective and how to apply shading.

Because honestly bro, the two pictures you put up look like something one of my sisters kids would scrawl on a wall with a crayon.

Well this has all been very entertaining, truth be known this was the first time I'd even posted on a forum and I expected to get *****ed at about my comment from the very start.

Quite interesting knowing some people agreed with me. As for Netstalker's comment about me being an internet troll of some kind... He's right, in a way... My only goal was to "flame" the kid and be an all around ass.

Why you may ask would i do such a thing?

It was fun! Thank you all for entertaining me with your comments!

Originally posted by Mayor McCheese

Well this has all been very entertaining, truth be known this was the first time I'd even posted on a forum and I expected to get *****ed at about my comment from the very start.

Quite interesting knowing some people agreed with me. As for Netstalker's comment about me being an internet troll of some kind... He's right, in a way... My only goal was to "flame" the kid and be an all around ass.

Why you may ask would i do such a thing?

It was fun! Thank you all for entertaining me with your comments!

Interesting. Hmmm... Blatant exmaple of anti-social behavior. Degrading someone for your own amusment without guilt.

It could also be a hormone problem typically seen in the early teens. Most children grow out of that by age 15 it settles as you mature through the final stages of puberty. I hope you are < 15. If not perhaps you should think about your behavior and how it affects others.

If you truly are a sociapath and do really just enjoy this kinda patronizing behaviour, please find some other board to frequent.

If it was a joke and you do feel kinda bad for hurting this guys feelings, think about my comment next time you get the urge to degrade.

- Vorax

Cool it everybody here.

Mustang, dont be too insulted by these guys. There are too used to the quality stuff LucasArts releases.

But just as a heads up, the art industries are very demanding. Here is a drawing I did that I think is quite decent. It's a basic robot-like human skeleton.

I was told by a teacher that I need a LOT more practice. Just to give everybody an idea.

if i see any more flamming I'll close this thread for good.

I was just giving the Cheese guy a taste of his own medicine. The comments he made were sucky. The guy wasn't trying to be an artist, he was a non-artist trying to convey an idea. The other guy knew that and was picking at him for 'fun'. Not very nice fun.

BTW: Bump is not used to get rid of a thread, it's used to bring it back from the dead! ;) If you bump, you are bringing the message back up the post list.

- Vorax

lol, im stoned as hell right now. lol

dont know where my head is, nevermind, continue your thread or not. whatever. blah blah blah

anyway, ty to anyone who does anything to add to this game.

i just play the games, im clueless to these message board things and programming games and everything.

okay... a taste of my own medicine?

I could care less what any of you say or think about me or my opinion, I think the idea of someone actualy getting offended or "hurt" by the comments or insults of a faceless entity on the internet is sad.

If I did offend Matt or anyone else here... too freakin' bad you little pussies. Get a life and stop *****ing about my rude comments.

This is exactly the kind of thing I find entertaining about flaming someone on the net...

While I beleive in positive reinforcement, I have to agree with McCheese TO A DEGREE. I appreciate the time Mustang spent on these, but they aren't great. Crudely rendered figures do not a concept make. Hell, as an artist, I appreciate criticism much more than praise... not that I don't like people enjoying my work, but "looks good" gives me nothing to improve on.

What I don't agree with is McCheese's hiding behind hte anonymity of the internet. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU SAY. Your mentality leads to those damn spawn campers/lamers/tk'ers in every FPS/RPG out there.

Offering your help do concepts for a mod/tc was a bit much though... I little conceited, should I say, given your talent. Hell, I'm no where near concept level drawing... and TheJackel's right, the art industry IS demanding. I've still got a long way to go...

http://www3.telus.net/tnoone/thegirls.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/tnoone/boarderchick.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/tnoone/liz.jpg

Ok McCheese, if trying to insulting people on the net gets your rocks off, go for it. While we have amused you, you too have been quite amusing. I haven't seen such a bully mentality in over 15 years since I finished junior high. I here by back up McCheese in his quest for entertainment. Bully mentality is a deep seeded thing that revolves around a low self-esteem. Some people just can't feel good without making others feel bad. Guys that do it on the internet usually just do it because they feel inadequate and incapable of doing it in real life. They are kinda the wimp bullies. In real life, they tend to be the scrawney or chicken s*it guys that backed up another bully because they fear they would get their a*s kicked without him. Kudos and good luck to you. I am amused. BTW: Don't get insulted or we all know what your real intention was.

Hey Roach...nice stuff.

MustangMatt...no offense, but those doodles aren't anything special and to be honest with you they look awful. I would imagine a whole lot of other bored kids have felt the need to scribble in their notebooks; however most of them don't post their scribbles on the Net and then offer themselves to the world as "concept artists". :rolleyes:

Like I said though, no offense intended. Just an honest opinion.

first off.. people.. look.. it was a "sketch" it was not a freekin rendering of the cistine chapel.. mccheese or what ever your name is grow up.. you callously bashed people on the forum for your own amusement as you said, however you then said later down the post that you didnt care what people said about you.. now if that were true why reply to any post?.. Matt keep drawing hommie it gets better.. they looked good enough and in my art class i seen worse by people with degrees.. anyway before i sign off this thread i have to say that the "flaming" is gay.. and im surprised a moderater didnt actually cut the posts made by the individuals that posted them.. i am irked because well.. not everyone is a picasso.. and im thinking mccheese probably finds this attention to his liking because he got none from his parents.. well that is all i have to say and matt.. when they release a model editor for this game.. ((and i hope its soon)) ill make your model and skin just for you!

I'm sorry to say it, but those sketches ARE pretty bad. The concept is obvious, and it's interesting (although rather Fett-ish), but the drawings themselves are not of a quality that should be posted on the internet and offered to mod teams and such for conceptual work. Keep trying man, you'll get better.

Archived