Home

Can you play multiplayer by yourself?

Roland of Gilea

Sounds like a stupid question, I know, but I'm on dial-up, and I can't stand the lag I get with mp gaming. But I know that there are bots, and I want to play in the mp levels and duel against some of them. Will it be possible to start up a mp game with bots and play even if you're not playing against any other actual human players?

Like he said there are going to be plenty of bots so, yes, you can play multi-player levels by your self if wished.

There is a bigger thread on bots a ways down, go check it out.

Sorry i'm to lazy to go look for the link but its just down the page a bit. I think.

Sithcloak

Originally posted by thrEEpaGe

hahahaha

that is a stupid statement.......no bot can compare to pure human talent...im sorry, bots offer little challenge and dull the skills...there is no substitute for multiplayer

true, but its good practise :D

Originally posted by thrEEpaGe

hahahaha

that is a stupid statement.......no bot can compare to pure human talent...im sorry, bots offer little challenge and dull the skills...there is no substitute for multiplayer

I think he means that he hopes that the bots are as clever in the mp bot matches as they are in the sp game. Not that the bots will be as clever as humans...

Originally posted by Qel

I hope that the AI Bots are as good in MP as they are in SP...

:)

Qel

I would think that you could set the difficulty to extremely hard for them! I would say that they can be set to the difficulty of at least the end boss!

Bots can be obscenely good, but they rarely come close to comparing to a good player. The only way most games have skilled bots is just giving them great aim and reaction times; it's still entirely possible to catch them by surprise with the map terrain since they generally don't know how to take advantage of it. Especially with sabers and the force, it will be very difficult to have AI on the same skill level as a player, but I'll hold judgement until I have the game.

Archived