Home

My JK2 map.

MaDaVentor

This is a map that I plan to convert to JK2 after it comes out. It is currently in Q3. Please give me REAL feedback. I need to know what to change, and what to keep the same. I want true suggestions, and please, don't candy-coat your criticism to the point where I can't tell what you mean by it.

asf2_41.jpg

asf2_42.jpg

asf2_43.jpg

asf2_51.jpg

asf2_45.jpg

asf2_46.jpg

asf2_47.jpg

asf2_48.jpg

Looks good, I suggest you add a dueling pipe as you did in your asf1 for jk I liked dueling there, oh and if it's possible, try to make it a little larger than the original I can't really tell of your levels size by screenshots but keep that in mind that the zone now supports 16 or whatever players instead of 4 and as well the ingame browser's games will probably be mostly for a more majority of players.

Ooooo, lots of detail improvements since the last version I saw. My biggest gripe would probably be that a lot of the pipes look like they are there simply for the sake of being there. Although the added detail has helped a lot, it still looks like a level rather than a "real" place. I like the scaffold columns, but they are out of place under the ramps (especially since its the see through grate). Looks awesome, though. I look forward to playing it...

The waterfall-thing in pics four and five looks stupid, it just doesn't seem realistic. I doubt that the liquid would shoot out that far (horizontally). Maybe extend the pipe and use a generic flat waterfall, or cut out the acid flow altogether.

It would also be nice if you could make all of the gratings see-through (or at least the ones above the green stuff).

That blunt enough for you?

All of the catwalks that are over acid DO have transparent holes, it just doesn't look that way because of mip-mapping, but if you get close to them, you can clearly see the holes. Also, about the acid pouring from the pipe.... It's possible for it to have a trajectory like the one in my map. It all depends on the density of the liquid, the viscosity, and the speed at which it is flowing. And regarding the suggestions to change it: I can't extend the pipe any, because it's too long already, and looks somewhat odd to begin with. I don't want to cut out the acid flow altogether, because I really like the effect it adds, and it allows for more danger, because it hurts you if you touch the flow.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I'll continue working on this until the editing tools for JO are released, which I've heard could be a month from JO's actual release. :mad:

Originally posted by UniKorn

What singularity said + certain area's are too dark.

While darkness is a bad thing in Q3A, it surely makes things more interesting in Jedi Knight. Jedi Knight's energy weapons always brighten a dark place. Even in total darkness, a lightsaber can be used as a good flashlight ;) I say leave it as is, or maybe even take away some of the ambient light in the dueling areas. JMO

Originally posted by G0SP0DAR

While darkness is a bad thing in Q3A, it surely makes things more interesting in Jedi Knight. Jedi Knight's energy weapons always brighten a dark place. Even in total darkness, a lightsaber can be used as a good flashlight ;) I say leave it as is, or maybe even take away some of the ambient light in the dueling areas. JMO

There is a difference between multiplayer and singleplayer. You don't lit the areas because people won't be able to see in it, but to stop people from camping.

Archived