Home

UK Retailers- Those of you in the UK- Help!

Anakin

If I remember correctly HMV has a contract with some software companies to release some of the games a WEEK before the release date, I know this happens quite a lot as I managed to get OFP and GR a week before they were in EB etc etc.

Now Im stuck at home and I cant get into town, anyone who works in a town/city with HMV, can ya go and see if they have it in store, cause If they do we are going to get a week before all of you nah nah nah nah :p

Ahh.. heh, don't get your hopes up. I asked in at the HMV on Oxford St., as I only work about 5 mins away from there. They've said 28th, as have EB on the same street. I think I know what you are talking about, but I don't think "one of those times" is applicable to JO.

Still, I'll check during lunch today, just like I have been for the last 4-5 days. :D

You know.. with the amount of people asking/calling about dates, all these sales assistants must be thinking that there will be some massive invasion when the game hits the shelves. Mind you, they wouldn't be wrong for thinking that. ;)

At my local EB they too said the 28th and I talked to some manager about pre-ordering it and he said he'd give me a call as soon as the store gets it and the price so all I'd need to do is go down and pick it up.

They also had the the 1st trailer playing on the TV's there and some kids where gathered around watching it for the 1st time..

they were like 'Thats gotta be Xbox I can't wait it looks way better then Obi-wan' another guy said it was for the PS2 and they argued about the graphics being too good for the PS2 so it had to be the Xbox. I sat back in amusment well knowing that the PC-CDROM logo would soon appear an as it did the boys seemed to get upset saying "PC!!!!" Oh its one of those Mouse Games and is gonna pants.. I don't understand why people make games for the PC

I silently laughed at them as they pondered out of the store

Archived