Home

Do You Think Modders Would Be Able To Make This Possible?

The Count

Hi I heard that there is no multiplayer co operative play in JKII :( However I Was Thinking Would It Be Possible If Modders Were Able To Make Something Like Say Two Player (Say Obi Wan And Qui Gon Jinn I Know Skins For Them Will Be Made)In Multiplayer Were To Fight Say A Bot (Darth Maul) And The Objective Was To Kill That Bot Just Once Due To The Fact That The Original Jedi Knight Was Really Wasy To Modify Something Like This Would Be Possible Hey Maybe I'm Talking ALot Of Crap Maybe Not Tell Me What You Think!

Depends, it's not always that easy. The guys doing the MoH co-op actually had a fair bit of difficulty since the game is so heavily reliant on scripts, so the enemies sometimes would not react to other players. I think they had that problem with MG42s.

If it were larger separate levels, it'd be a hell lot easier than say Half-Life's smaller levels. Then there's also the problem of no spawn points for other players in the map and scripting (since it's designed for only one player most of the time). Example, you could maybe make a player take over Luke in those levels, but say he's scripted to do something in the level such as opening a locked door.

You could just make a maul skin, then apply it to a bot, and then make a qui gon and obi-wan skin. Then you and your friend could join a team game, and spawn in that Maul bot on a high difficulty level and set the team score limit to 1 (or maybe 2, I dunno.. because if Maul killed one of you, he'd win, but then you just have to kill him). Or you could have just single player and set yourself as human and your teammate as a bot.

It could be done that way, even without making a huge coop mod. Just a few skins....

Originally posted by Count_D00ku

Hi I heard that there is no multiplayer co operative play in JKII :( However I Was Thinking Would It Be Possible If Modders Were Able To Make Something Like Say Two Player (Say Obi Wan And Qui Gon Jinn I Know Skins For Them Will Be Made)In Multiplayer Were To Fight Say A Bot (Darth Maul) And The Objective Was To Kill That Bot Just Once Due To The Fact That The Original Jedi Knight Was Really Wasy To Modify Something Like This Would Be Possible Hey Maybe I'm Talking ALot Of Crap Maybe Not Tell Me What You Think!

Do you always capitalize every word?

I would think ithat it would be obvious that they can't release the mod before JK2 becomes available to the public.

How are people supposed to play a mod for a game that isn't out yet?

Obviously if they released it now, it would be a mod for another game, like Q3 or Elite Force, not JK2.

Despite the similarities in game engine, I imagine they will still have to tweak and/or modify certain aspects, even if the basic work is complete.

I would question whether they could get this done in time for release however, as most cooperative mods take a long time.. several months in fact. If not, I would imagine the mod would be quite simplistic compared to the levels we'll see in JK2's single player, sorry to say...

So give them time.

Archived