Home

Thoughts about giga5.avi *possible spoilers*

Necro

okay, from watching it u can see that u can switch lightsaber color without going to menu's, you can deploy a huge forcefield like seen in ep. 1

heavy stance is VERY vunerable (best seen at 1:06), but with good timing and movement can be very lethal( right b4 they hit u hit and move backwards)

force pull, push and jump are very useful.

and those germans can't play worth **** (hell the guy fell off 3 times!)

also, in duels getting a hit is ALL about timing.

and on force push, it looks like u gotta be looking the direction u wanna push ( / like that not -- )

Originally posted by Necro

okay, from watching it u can see that u can switch lightsaber color without going to menu's, you can deploy a huge forcefield like seen in ep. 1

It looked to me as though just switched perspectives.. They were following one guy's POV then switched to the other guy's. If it's just a console variable like rail colour in Q3, though, it should be bindable to keys. :D

I noticed the guy was successfully able to strafe jump before launching himself into the pit.. :D This'll be welcome news to the Quake 3 players used to that style of movement.

(edit: Now that I look at the movie again the strafe jumping just be force speed. Gaah, we'll see when it's released :D)

Um, well I think you can't change lightsaber colors mid-game because what they probally did was change from one of those guys screens to the other. The huge forcefield looked just like the one in Episode 1 which is cool, I think that's the stationary forcefield.

indeed... they switched to the other guys monitor...

Anyway, one other interesting thing to remember is, the guy with the red saber, all the time during the so called Episode I replay he used only ONE stance... heavy... So i mean theres a lot more possible

did anyone notice in one of the videos, i think Giga2.1 or 3 in the Jedi Academy there seems to be a duel going on and a woman with a purple lightsaber, anyone think that could be Mara Jade? I mean.. the person with the purple saber was kicking serious ass..

here's a thought... because it's a Q3 engine game, you should be able to write scripts for it.

how about this: You write a script that constantly changes your light saber color and bind it to a key.

then you could hit that key, make the guy you are deuling think "oohh... I wanna do that" then you could cut him down while he's dazed!!!

w00t, I'm loving it!

AND WTF IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE?? ---> :evanpiel:

I love it when he gets knocked off! hahahah i wish they would have more wall runnining and force powers

[edit - digl - Ron please don't start a new thread if there are several ones discussing the new footage in the first page. You can do it if your thread will discuss something especific, but a knock off isn't something to start a thread about. Thanks]

Archived