Home

1v1 duels?

MrRelish

No, not 1v1 mode in the game, but 1v1 saber duels within deathmatch. I don't think it's that far fetched. In Giga4.avi, i BELIEVE that is what takes place. Both players do something, like select the other one, then it says something (can't read, german), and then START!. Both players were then surrounded by a glow almost, then fight. Thoughts? opinions? political statements? it happens before the last fight in giga4.avi.

-Rel

#Insert inane personal motto here.

I dont think you can harm the dualants since then, what good would it be to duel?

Duels probably limit weapons to saber and force powers (?) too.

I just hope you dont glow as much as you do in that trailer (could be due to crappy picture quality) since that would throw my fighting off a bit. Instead of the glow altogether I´d prefer a marker over your enemys head to show where he is and let the glow only be visible to non-duelants so they know who not to attack.

I wonder if others can harm the two who are dueling in MP??

I hope not, it'd be cool if only you can hurt the other dueler, so you can't be killed but you can't kill anyone else, so 2 people can't get invincible from a duel then go out and kill everyone.

-Rel

#insert inane personal motto here

Like to play a game of deathmatch, or FFA, and then say "Hey player bla! you're pretty good, duel?" and be able tod uel without going into a 1v1 server

Yes you will probably have that server side option. But then some may take advantage of the option being enable.

Most 1vs1 duelers will hangout on 1vs1 servers. Thats where I'll be ;)

I remember hearing somewhere that they were going to make it be a multiplayer mode... kind of a tournament.

two players duel it out while the rest watch, they finish and the next two go in their place.

it continues until one person goes undefeated.

Fun fun fun.

also, the stage where two are fighting on the giga movies is a scripted scene in the jedi academy.

After viewing the trailer many times, I observed:

If you want to dual with someone, you need to "taunt" him, and it will say "someone request dual against xxx", then the guy has to "taunt" you back with the same message. Then you guys can dual without inteference :)

Archived