Home

What the hell with the MP?!

DarthMaximus

Well, I received my JOC today, I installed it on both of my computers. (because they are in seperate rooms in my house, I switch from time to time) The first computer I installed no problem, The second one, no problem also. But for some reason, I can't find a MP game through internet on the second computer. It just says... searching... The single player is fine. Do u think they have some code inside that lets it know its been installed on one pc already? I mean.. how can that be?? Very weird. I play all my other games fine through mp. Oh, BTW the game ROCKS. Also, no cd key... What ya think guys?

I have the same problem and well, I'm on a network but don't have anything that can mess up that...I always play online stuff and have no problems, and I have no firewall up when I try to search :(. BTW, they should put a serial thinguie to get warez users off this game :mad:. BTW I'm using windows XP and am sharing my cable connection to my sister on another pc. Like I said, I have no problems with any games xcept this. I thought it was just that since I got it earlier servers weren't up or something.

I am sharing the same line through a cable modem. I never had any problems like this before thou. I DID get to play a game of JOC with a friend over my network through local thou. Just can't get one on internet settings. Or atleast on the one computer anyway. The computer that works ok has WIN ME and the other is WIN XP PRO.

Yeah same, I'm using Windows XP Pro. I tried to connect to a server I saw posted on the irc channel and added it to my favorites, it told me there was no one in yet it did tell me what kind of game it was. That's all...maybe I should try to see if it works on LAN with the other pcs.

I'm planning on building a second PC, but I would have different OS's on the two machines. Currently, I have a PC and a Mac sharing an internet connection via ethernet hub (DSL modem connects to hub, each computer has a cable that goes back to the hub as well) but are otherwise not networked. I was wondering if I should try to network the second PC with the first or just try to have all threee share the connection without any being networked.

Thanks again! :)

Cray,

I currently have a home netwrok set up between two computers, each with different operating systems. I have a cable modem. From the cable modem i have some cat5 cable running into my router. from the router i have cat5 cable running to each computer. after running the home netwrok wizard (or whatever it is) i got my home netwrok. it is all pretty easy. yes i know, the router alone is about $100, but i wanted something with its own firewall and a little intelligence. i believe you should be able to use a hub insted of a router if you are pressed for cash (someone correct me if i am wrong). by the way, i am running windows ME on one computer and windows 98 on the other. i do have a few glitches with my network, and i think it is partly becasue of the different operating systems and because they are two drastically different systems. the one is about 3 or 4 years older than the other, and i dont think the old one handles networks that great. i hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just ask.

Well using the same game to install on two computers is illegal, but I am not sure if that is the problem. Has anybody actually heard of warez people playing multi with people? I have only heard of them playing bots and you shouldn't have to get out on the internet to do that.

Well if it is anything like RTCW you have to connect to a server to get a list of the open servers and if you are useing a warez copy it will tell you that cd key has been baned. Maybe the game has a a simualar id built into the game.

Well, I only have JOC on 2 computers because sometimes I use the one computer ( in location of house where I can play at night with no distractions) And the other computer have better video card (not always available) So, They must look into that. I can see if you can't use them both online at the same time, but shoud atleast give option for one or the other.

As far as it being illegal to do what you’re doing that all depends on the EULA (End User License Agreement) that is included in Jedi Knight II: Outcast. They can vary... The game may have some sort of built in key to detect if it’s being used on more than one computer. If that's the case then either you'll have to find a crack of some sort or your screwed or you could buy a 2nd copy of JKII although I wouldn't when I've purchased one. /Begin Rant/ I don't advocate piracy but there's no way I would buy a 2nd copy of JKII if I've already purchased one! The EULA is a little like how every program on TV is copyrighted and they all say that in order to record a program via VCR, TiVo etc....you need the written consent of the network to do so. So....how many of you have the TV networks send you an 'OK' so that you can record your show for viewing later. Like I said getting warez is illegal but when I get my copy and if I wanted to put it on my network (I don't have one though) or another computer that I own.....I'm going to do it and I really don't think anyone's going to come after me and something like this would not hold up in court since you have a legal copy. I'm not talking about in the business environment but personal use on one or two perhaps three computers. Ok /end rant/

Archived