Home

Question about MP...

jedielite

Hi, I just registered after reading the forums for a bit, I have a fast computer(p4 1.8ghz to be exact) but I have dial-up, do you think this game will be unplayable with 56k like with games like Quake 3??? I plan to get cable soon though, but I still wanna play online. Thank you for your time and I hope you all have fun playing this great game

i have cable but i've been playing on overseas servers with a 100-200 ping & have played all the quakes on dialup at one stage.. dont expect to hit a lot of stuff with lead weaps like (pretty much everything) blaster/bowcaster/etc its pretty hard.. but you can still have tonnes of fun with it on a high ping, movement & force power use was fine...

I've played AVP2 on a 56k and if there arn't that much peeps in one game and the host isn't a 56 also then the game ran smooth. Of course cable is better but 56 is playble(-ish). So I hop that the net code is jus as good. But if its not ou should look for things like these to play a perfect game: T1 or T3 modem host (cable could get laggy when they host so they arn't perfect) and Dadcaded (sp?) servers boosts the hosts bandwith by a tone!(if its a good modem taht is! I'd love to see a 56 as a dadcaded host) Hope that helped cause it sure helps me when looking for a non lag fun game

Archived