Home

EB Status

Guest Apparition

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/faq5.asp#QQ

I pre-ordered a game and the release date is today. Why does your Web site still show the status as processing?

EBgames.com tries to get every game into your hands at the earliest possible date. To accomplish this, we sometimes use external resources that ship the product directly from the source, thereby eliminating any handling time that we might add to the delivery. This occasionally results in the game being shipped well before we get tracking numbers and order statuses processed into our system. Our systems are updated as soon as we get the data back from the external resource. When time is of the essence, we place the priority on getting the product to you rather than updating our records because, in the end, getting the product to you is what it is all about.

Originally posted by Rat Boy

From http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/faq5.asp#QQ

I pre-ordered a game and the release date is today. Why does your Web site still show the status as processing?

EBgames.com tries to get every game into your hands at the earliest possible date. To accomplish this, we sometimes use external resources that ship the product directly from the source, thereby eliminating any handling time that we might add to the delivery. This occasionally results in the game being shipped well before we get tracking numbers and order statuses processed into our system. Our systems are updated as soon as we get the data back from the external resource. When time is of the essence, we place the priority on getting the product to you rather than updating our records because, in the end, getting the product to you is what it is all about.

Yay!!!

Well I've called every store that would have it save Circuit City because I don't think they will have it and no one has it in here in So. Ca. EB did say that they should have it tomorrow and the store when I'm located said the truck usually comes in about noon so I've got 21 hours left from the time of this post. :D

Guest Apparition

I talked to EB and they said they started shipping this afternoon. If you had overnight then expect it tomorrow.

Why couldn't they have released this game yesterday?? With my luck, my "2-day shipping" will fall over to MONDAY, and I'll have to wait out the entire weekend. That would suck big time.

I was gonna pay for overnight, but it's $5, and in the long run I'd rather have $5 then a game one day earlier.

But I better get it on Friday or I will be pissed.

No one who ordered from EB should worry, they've recently begun a bad habit of taking forever to update people's accounts about when they'll ship. I had exactly the same experience when I pre-ordered Red Faction in September and Max Payne in July. I called both times about my order's status and was worried even when I woke up the following morning and my order status was STILL 'processing.' That was about the time I called back on Red Faction, ready to make some demands when my door bell rang: It was FedEx with my package. So really, don't sweat it if you ordered Next Day Air it will be in your hands tomorrow.

--oh hell yes, 30 seconds after posting this I check my order again and I have tracking info as well. The Truth Has Been Revealed. Unfortunately the tracking info probably won't be updated until 2 A.M., watching the package's status is almost more fun than getting the game itself.

(kidding :p )

This might be sad, but I've more or less memorized the route that FedEx packages (EB pre-orders mainly) take to my house once they ship, so I usually know when they hit a certain city which one they'll go on to next and about how long it will take to arrive at the next city and what not........I'm not crazy, just LOVE MY GAMES !:band:

Guest Apparition

It takes a while for the tracking to work. Fed-Ex says it can take 24 hours. Not really. Usually works in like 4.

This sucks.. I preorderd on the 25th (I was late, I know, but it shouldn't matter that much..), and it still says processing w/o any tracking #. I'm probably towards the end of their shipping list, so hopefully it'll ship out today so I get it friday.

I shoulda paid the $4... dangit!

everybody, all my orders i have ordered from ebgames.com all say "processing", but whenever it changes to that i get a confirmation of shipping. I really hope mine shipped today, it was "on hold" for awhile but now its "processing" so im guessing i will get the game friday. W00t!

For what its worth, mine still says "processing," but the CS person by phone just now told me that it already shipped out, and its just not updated.

*Edit* Of course, ten minutes after I post that, its "shipped." Next day just isn't fast enough :)

Archived