Home

Can't refuel Lando's ship *SPOILERS*

prime.8

What am I supposed to do now? I've done everything else on the level (hit the 5 switches in each fuel room and opened the roof)... I found the fuel tank outside with the two switches on top, but I can't do anything with them... even tried force push and pull lol

You need to make note of the symbols on the pumps inside. Then when you go outside you need to change the symbols on the pumps out there to match the symbols inside. You should just beable to use your 'use' button (ctrl-by default) to change them. If it helps you find them, there's a lot of 'red' on one of the consoles and they're on one of the corners outside of the bay.

That help?

-) wh|stler

I think I know what you're talking about, I'm sorry if I'm wrong again.

I think you're looking at the wrong things. I think this because I did the same thing, I spent 5-10 minutes trying to change things on the two sets of pumps INSIDE that room. The switches you need to look for aren't in the same room as Lando's "Lady Luck". You actually need to go back outside. Outside, stay close to the building that houses the ship. You'll see two tubes going from one building to the building that the ship is in. You need to hop up on a little 'step' that's on a different building. Onto the two tubs, and follow them across the way towards the 'ship-building'. There are only two switches there.

That sound familiar?

-) wh|stler

Sorry, but could you explain that again? The two switches I'm at aren't inside the building... I leave the hangar through the door at that back of the Lady Luck, and go left... at that corner is a fuel tank with two pipes leading to a much larger fuel tank... on top of the smaller tank are two switches (at least I think those are the switches), one with a blue-ish light above it and the other with a red light above it... are those the switches you're talking about? Those are the ones I've been trying to hit...

Originally posted by prime.8

Sorry, but could you explain that again? The two switches I'm at aren't inside the building... I leave the hangar through the door at that back of the Lady Luck, and go left... at that corner is a fuel tank with two pipes leading to a much larger fuel tank... on top of the smaller tank are two switches (at least I think those are the switches), one with a blue-ish light above it and the other with a red light above it... are those the switches you're talking about? Those are the ones I've been trying to hit...

Hmm... that is very odd, you got me... if you want, send a savegame to me at mgummelt@ravensoft.com and I may be able to figure out what's wrong...?

No, he's not in his ship... I can see him on a lower catwalk below the hangar just standing at a console... I'm assuming he's waiting for me to flip the two switches to begin fueling the ship, which I can't do for some reason... at least I'm not the only one who can't flip the switch...

Did I miss some sort of trigger on this level that allows me to flip those switches? I've been everywhere and killed everyone...

Originally posted by prime.8

No, he's not in his ship... I can see him on a lower catwalk below the hangar just standing at a console... I'm assuming he's waiting for me to flip the two switches to begin fueling the ship, which I can't do for some reason... at least I'm not the only one who can't flip the switch...

Did I miss some sort of trigger on this level that allows me to flip those switches? I've been everywhere and killed everyone...

Very much so.

Did you go through the dark room yet? You missed a switch. You flip the switch, then Lando tells you that we're ready to get to the ship. He's there when you get there. By the time he's ready for you to pump the fuel he's in the cockpit of Lady Luck.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler

By "dark room" do you mean the area that's right by the room with the huge red pit? Where all pillars are? I've been all through there, but I didn't find a switch... I even got up on top of the pillars and walked around but didn't see anything up there either...

Sorry, memory is a little hazy. From what I remember though, that dark room (yes, the one next to the big red cylinder) is a gateway of sorts to where you need to be. You should enter by the red cylinder, and there's an exit on the other side. Have you gone out there?

-) wh|stler

The dark room with the red pit on one side and the huge containers on the other? If that's the one you're talking about, I've been all over that room and didn't find any switches... didn't find any on the other side (where the containers are) either...

Ok, you should be on your way then (out the other door in the black room, the one leading to the 'big containers'). If I'm not mistaken the switch is in a little 'outlook' looking thing that you need to negotiate your way up to. There's glass on the outside of it, if that helps.

Sorry I don't have much more information than that. It's tough to reflect on these big, open levels like Shadaar.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler

Geez... completely lost on this one... do you recall the total number of switches on this level? Here are the ones that I know of:

1 in the control room (surrounded in glass in a greenish room, out the doorway behind the Lady Luck; was the first one I hit)

10 total in from of the fuel rooms

2 on the fuel tank (that I can't flip)

I've destroyed the two guns in a small room (there was one on top of the other in the nook they were in)

What am I missing?

wh|stler, I appreciate the help you're giving me... I just can't find the last switch...

No problem buddy.

As with another problem someone is having, I'm racking my brain trying to remember where the other switch is.

If someone hasn't spoken up, or you still haven't found it by tonight then send me an ICQ (13929177) or a PM or an E-Mail and I'll load up some saved games and see what I can do.

I'm pretty positive it's on the other side of the dark room though. I vividly recall having to go back through that room after I had flipped the switch.

Good luck,

-) wh|stler

If anyone can verify what all needs to be done on this level, I would greatly appreciate it... what are the total number of switches on this level? Here are the ones that I know of:

1 in the control room (surrounded in glass in a greenish room, out the doorway behind the Lady Luck; was the first one I hit)

10 total from the fuel rooms

2 on the fuel tank (that I can't flip)

I've destroyed the two guns in a small room (there was one on top of the other in the nook they were in)

Something's preventing me from flipping the two switches on the fuel tank :confused:

the blue and red switches on top of the tanks outside are the ones. there are two different symbols that you will find inside the hanger on the pipes leading to landos ship. jump on top of the tanks outside and match the symbols to those that you found inside. then the ship will refuel and you will be on your way. then you can be stuck in cloud city like me :D

Originally posted by a_lil_jiggy

the blue and red switches on top of the tanks outside are the ones. there are two different symbols that you will find inside the hanger on the pipes leading to landos ship. jump on top of the tanks outside and match the symbols to those that you found inside. then the ship will refuel and you will be on your way. then you can be stuck in cloud city like me :D

That's where I'm stuck... for some reason I can't flip those two switches... they won't activate or anything... I might try replaying the level again or something... maybe a bug?

Archived