Home

Hidden Acrobatics and Special moves

Hobo-wan[RXz]

I may have found a "hidden" move, or may not have. At any rate I haven't seen it mentionned in the readme.

Its a jump move that you make while in the heavy stance. Here is a short demo of me doing it: http://pages.infinit.net/blackx/heavyjumpslash.dm_15

You put the file in the demos directory in your gamedate/base dir. You make one (with the S) if there isn't one. Then you need to activate the console and type demo "demoname" to play it.

To do the move you need to do a forward jump slash in the heavy stance and as you are about to land you press the same buttons again at the same time (forward jump primary) and this is what happens. I've tried doing it with the light and medium stances, doesn't do anything.

No, you need to put it in your Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\gamedata\base\demos dir. Its a JK2 demo, so you'll need the game to view it. It wont work with Q3 even though its the same engine, because its not the same game and all that :) And yes, its a very short demo, so its small in size.

To do the move you need to do a forward jump slash in the heavy stance and as you are about to land you press the same buttons again at the same time (forward jump primary) and this is what happens. I've tried doing it with the light and medium stances, doesn't do anything.

There was an similar attack in H2 Fwd+Jump+attack would execute a very powerful jumping downward stab, but if you timed it just right by taping then holding the jump button again at juuuust the right moment in the jump you would do a forward flip and gain an extra 30 percent distance on the jump and then downward stab.......may of been just a game bug ;) , don't know.... but not many players new about it.

I'll have the game today or tomorrow and to setup my controller I will need to find all attacks and defensive moves and then apply what Q3 scripts I can to them. I'll spend a day or two tweaking/programming controller buttons for the best combos etc.

If someone hasn't already set up a "Post your sabre combos and special attacks here>>" thread, then I'll start one and list my personal favorites and some scripts that I've set up for the config file. I expect chain attack/acrobatic combos will be really fun to customize. :D

A topic like this should also get the community sabre-ing like Jedi in no time. That's when the fun begins!

Apparition since you clearly can't tell, I'll let you in on a secret : I was joking

Having that said, the Twist McFlip can be done by hitting

Forward

Jump

Strafe Left

Attack

You have to do that in less than one and a half seconds, you dont press the keys, you tap them as quickly as possible. With this move timing is EVERYTHING, making it one of the harder moves to use in a saber duel.

-Hobo

[RXz]

Archived