Home

No Ingame Music

Guest cmrbreno13

Guest cmrbreno13

I just bought the game and I already am having problems. I can hear all of the sound FX, voices etc. but the music is the problem. I can hear music at the start-up screen and in the Menues but when I am actually playing a map, I don't get any music at all. All I get is the Sound FX and Voices. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

I installed DirectX 8.0a which came with the CD and I have the latest drivers for my video and sound card. Here is my computer Specs:

AMD Athlon 1.0ghz

384MB RAM

Nvidia TNT2 Pro Video Card

Creative Labs SoundBlaster PCI 128

60GB Hard Drive

Windows 98se

Thank you in advance.

-Cmrbreno13

I have exactly same problem. Only solution i found until now is to start Winamp before starting the game and use it to play audio track from the game cd. Any1 have better solution???

Found a solution for myself...

Make sure the audio cable between your cd rom and sound card is hooked in properly. Simple i know, but it fixed my problem. Hope it helps you guys.

HERE'S the tip:

THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION

If you have two cd roms (i have a CD-R and a CD-RW)like i do. put an audio cd into the drive you play swgb from. if there's no sound, that means you have to configure it so that the drive you play swgb from is the DEFAULT drive for playing music. it happened to me, and now i have music.

write back here if there are more problems...

I today reinstalled Windows (Win ME) becouse they crashed totally and now music plays well in game. I don't know where was the problem but now it's fine. :)

• 5 years later...

Archived