Home

MP cries out for Duel of the Fates!

Muzzle

Despite the, ah, varied feelings on ol' Episode 1, I've yet to hear anyone say that Duel of the Fates is anything less than utterly awesome. And while I was flailing around at bots with my lightsaber, I couldn't stop thinking, "This would be a hundred times cooler to the right music."

That aside, I just adore the play control, this is what the first JK should have been when it comes to using the force and sabers to kill stuff. I was a little irked that the bot kept using drain on me and kept me from using most powers, but it's what a smart human would've been doing in its place, so I can't really fault it.

But it's not all love for Raven. The single player opponents are a pain, from stormtroopers that dodge like their feet were greased to magical, psychic Rodian snipers who always know where you are. And, while I hate to say it, I think the first two games had a feel that was much closer to Star Wars than JK2. Something about the architecture, the lack of non-opponent NPCs, and the textures gave the levels a lack of the immersiveness that the earlier games had. Nar Shaada in the first JK had a feel that was 100% SW, but the city shown in the second could be from pretty much any sci-fi movie.

Despite that, I'm still very pleased with the game, the multiplayer more than makes up for any deficiencies in the single player.

Archived