Home

First MOD for JK2

Hobo-wan[RXz]

That I'm aware of...

This file replaces the original duelling music in multiplayer to Duel of the Fates from Episode 1.

Props to Daeos[RXz] for it.

Go here to check it out.

Edit: You have to turn your sound up to be able to hear it, after a while it gets drowned out by the light saber swings - anyone know how to increase the volume of the song?

Thanks,

-Hobo

[RXz]

You can extract that MP3 from the PK3 file using WinZip. I don't know if there are any programs that can adjust the volume of an MP3. One work-around is to decode it to WAV, increase the volume using Sound Recorder (Start->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment for 2K/XP; dunno for 9x/ME), and then re-encode into an MP3 using Lame.

It should be noted that we just tested it on a public server, and the music won't work unless the server itself has the file. Sorry about this, I don't think there's a way for you to have it minus the server, and for it to still work. If anyone wants to, feel free to look into this and come up with a solution (if there is one.)

-Hobo

[RXz]

I've taken the liberty of editing the Mp3 inside the pk3 file, now its slightly louder, and is just a clip of the song at a good part. I don't think many of us were dueling long enough to hear the good parts of the song :)

grab it here

Also, I made Luke's, the Reborn's, and Desann's lightsaber hilts available, though, they replace EVERYBODY's hilts in a multiplayer game.

Luke's hilt

Desann's hilt

Reborn's Hilt

My webhosting is crap though...

bah

smooth the saber?

its supposed to streak! its called realism!!

as for the music

it seems only to work during a challenge and not during Duel gameplay mode

i was just in toying with that with a friend.

on the topic of mods on servers, its a new Cheat protection thing

if the server doesn't have it, then its not gonna work on their server, same goes for skins and the like :/

i hate it because i HATE being forced to use default models when many times fan made ones end up being better.

Hey whats up. I tried the mod, and it does work, but only on the main title screen. When I start up a Duel game with a bot, the music is the default. Duel of the Fates doesnt play in-game. And I did everything as told. I D/L the file, and put it in the Game Data/Base folder. Am I doing something wrong?

To listen to the Duel of Fates music whenever you want:

-First bring down the console by pressing shift and the tilde key (the key next to 1 and below Esc) at the same time

-Then type "music music/mp/duel" without the quotes and press enter.

-Bingo..... You have your Duel of fates music from Epidsode One whenever you want. :bdroid2:

Originally posted by SmileyMcSmiles

Hey whats up. I tried the mod, and it does work, but only on the main title screen. When I start up a Duel game with a bot, the music is the default. Duel of the Fates doesnt play in-game. And I did everything as told. I D/L the file, and put it in the Game Data/Base folder. Am I doing something wrong?

its not music for the duel game mode but for when u press k and challenge another player for a duel in ffa

Archived