Home

Saber tactics for Multi-Player

Zodiac

Well im pretty damn good with the saber and i was gonna right an extensive list but the server is goin too slow :(

So here are some basic things..

1. Versus people who use weapons force pull and push are your best friends! You can push away rockets, and pull away the guns.

2. For combos hold down a direction like left strafe and hold attack 1 and he will go into a swinging combo. For a really cool one go into medium stance then do a forward flip while holding forward and left strafe and attack 1 really cool! best advice is to experiment with these

3. Backstab (thrust saber backwards) is only in light stance (blue color) when the opponent is behind you press back+attack 1. In other stances he will do a 180 degree spin attack

4. To block incoming things stand still and face them. If a saber is thrown at you don't move and just look at it with your saber drawn

Originally posted by Dyaeug

=( My box didn't come with a manual, I just realized this now.

God I hate EB and how the repackage returns. I guess I'll have to exchange my game.

I feel your pain. I ordered my copy via Next-Day-Air Wednesday (through ebworld.com) and I am still waiting for my order. FedEx doesn't even have a record of my order and I'm betting that something got screwed up and they haven't even shipped it. Fortunately, I went down to the local store and bought another copy of the game. I just hope returning the game(once I finally get my order) will be easier.

Ok in response to the taunting thing, I think you are pressing the k key, and by default when pressed while facing an opponent, you challenge them to a lightsaber duel. If that person accepts (by pressing k) then you both are inveloped in a clear aura (others see it blue) and no one can hurt you but the person you are dueling with. Also no other weapons can be used, and the only force powers that still apply are saber throw, and force jump. In my opinion dueling rocks, especially in a free for all enviorment. I think Raven really captured the Star Wars feeling by letting you start a one on one duel with another person, while everyone else continues to battle on around you. So another note, if someone challenges you, its polite to accept and not just cut them down;-)

Strider

Hi first of all i must say that this is a great game. Adding a saberfighting and using power aspects to a FPS turned out to be quite amusing, and opens a whole lot of possibilities.

I've played a bit last night in mp with some of my friends, and the following question occured. I belive that the most of you that played in mp found out that the grip is a very powerfull thing to use during the saberfight, and only the dark jedis have the power. Does anyone have the tip on how to escape it, when once grabbed? I've tried a couple of times, but I'm not sure if I succsedeed, or the enemies just let me down. Please help me fight the evil! :D

Force push is the ONLY counter to Force Grip...besides shooting them with a weapon and knocking them down..

Is there only 2 moves for each stance?..the uppercut for light, and jump slash for med and heavy; plus the Backstab moves.

Seems like the Moves are pretty limited.. And don't call the spinning crazy thing a move :p

To all you n00bs, the BEST way to fight, is to turn on the fast style, and hold the primary attack, running around and trying to hit everything around you.

and remember, this is the ONLY I repeat, ONLY way to fight for you n00bs, if you don't, the consequences will be

DIRE

What stance is everyone using? I am still learning and losing a lot, but I find I am best with the medium stance. The manual says that the medium stance is best when fighting more than 1 enemy, but it works best for me in a duel. I find that the fast stance is nice, but doesn't do enough damage with each hit. The strong stance just is way to slow for me, but I may just need more practice with my timing.

i'm using the fast stance in private duels, where it's one on one with no force except saber throw and jump, now what i do we stand apart sabers undrawn, and at one moment one of us charges, when that happens, i hack'n'slash right after i parry his first blow, and it is often that i get a hit or two, then, at one point we separate, and then i throw my saber, and jump away against a counter throw. (if there's room to jump) I'm not the best in this, but this seems to work, i don't like force, dark is so strong it's unfair. When i fought thye Luke Bot, he was quiet good, but my lightning and grip finished him off in seconds. So now i play duels, w/o force.

In a duel, or not, run at your opponent, and jump off him as you would to a wall. You will kick them, and do a backflip...if you land this move, at worst you have managed to knock your opponent to the floor...if you are quick, as you are doing your flip, press your attk 1 button, and you may be lucky enough to slice your opponent dead. I only really use medium stance, so I'm unsure about strong or light stancing.

Also, doesn't it show someone's lack of intelligence when he talks about n00bs, considering the game has been out for what, a weekend? Get a grip.

Peace

Absorb works well against the Dark forces. I have easy access to my absorb key to turn it on and off whenever I want. When someone grips me or uses lightning, I just turn it on and slash them.

I used to think the Dark powers were unfairly powerful, but now I don't. If you use your Light force powers correctly I think it is even (or even better). I have two favorite force moves against the dark:

1. When someone uses lightening on me, I turn on Absorb, run towards them, heal a couple times (with the juice I absorbed from them) and slash down with the Strong stance.

2. On MP boards with lots of ledges (there are two main ones I can think of), if someone tries to grip me, I turn on Absorb, then I push them off the ledge.

Pulling people into your saber on the strong stance isn't a bad move either if you catch them off guard. ;)

Well first of all I congratulate Raven for an amazing game (what are some other Raven titles... some I have probably played before but not given Raven regognition for?). Saber duels are the funnest passtime I've gotten into lately, but this whole thread has been dedicated to actual saber moves... what about the force power combos? Like what works with what, what counteracts this and that... force push counteracts grip and so does absorb etc...

List some out here.

also - http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum9/HTML/000709.html

at that forum shows how to record demos in jk2 ( i think its for jk2 anyways... runs on the q3 engine and it tells you how to record exactly the same way... anyone know how to bring down console? ;/ ) how about we all upload demos of our moves, share and share alike y`know :)

i'll post one tomorrow if i can figure out the console

I forgot to add this to my last post : cool dark jedi combo...

so far everyone has been using force push/pull and grip to throw people off ledges and into walls etc

a cool combo i found just tonight (although rather obvious) is to force grip your opponent and then come in with a strong stance for the final blow when the opponent is released from the grip (they pause for a second... i dont know wether this is caused by the users reaction to being let go or wether they aer immobilised due to recovering from the grip)

anyways - that gets me a few kills on the net and on lan against bots (i play against luke... i was always a vader fan :) )

Originally posted by The_Pro

Also, doesn't it show someone's lack of intelligence when he talks about n00bs, considering the game has been out for what, a weekend? Get a grip.

It was a joke, not a serious statement. I understand that my humour may not always be funny, or easily understood, but c'mon. when i use the DIRE in such letters, and always talk of "n00bs" intentionally spelled like those "1337" idiots. C'Mon. anyway, i'm sorry you misunderstood my humour for being overlly ambitious/eager.

\/

We got together and had a LAN party this weekend….guess what the game of choice was. :)

Here’s some things that I’ve found.

1) Performing a saber-throw immediately before a forward roll is a nice way to gain ground on your opponent. The saber kind of rolls along above your head and provides some decent protection against attacks.

2) Force Push is your friend. Its an excellent way to get out of a Force grip. It’s also good for opponents who jump around a lot. If they are jumping up to a ledge to get some health/shields/bacta, use the force to push/pull them out of their jump. If you’re lucky, you may be able to get the power-up yourself while they are on the ground recovering. A saber-throw is a nice way to follow up a force push as well. If you aim it at the opponent while they are laying on the ground, you have a good chance of hitting their legs when they get up.

3) If possible, never engage in a saber fight unless you are at full health & shields and have a bacta tank. This may mean you have to make a strategic retreat at times, but this is better than dying. Your chances of surviving go up tremendously when you have 100 health, 200 shields and a bacta tank.

4) Try not to engage an opponent when you have little or no force power either. Find some energy beams to sit down and meditate behind like Qui-gon did ;)

And while we are on this MP subject, does anyone have an effective counter for Force Drain? I assume Push would work ok, but it usually drain’s me so fast that I don’t have enough energy to push them with. How does Absorb or any of the other force powers work against this? Perhaps a mad kamikaze saber rush would do the trick? Might not save your force energy but perhaps if you’re fast enough you can kill them before they can react. This is the only force skill that I’ve encountered that I haven’t had much success countering, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

To add further on the subject, you can block a thrown saber fairly easily, but if you're quick enough to do a force pull right after, and the enemy stands his ground, his saber flies even further from him, and in some cases, off the map for a time. In any case, it becomes a lethal split second as he is somewhat temporarily defenseless.

Originally posted by remmius

a cool combo i found just tonight (although rather obvious) is to force grip your opponent and then come in with a strong stance for the final blow when the opponent is released from the grip (they pause for a second... i dont know wether this is caused by the users reaction to being let go or wether they aer immobilised due to recovering from the grip)

I found that if you have the force to spare (not often, but occasionally) then you grip them, throw your lightsaber at them, and shock them with force lightning. The grip does minor damage, but the lightsaber hits once, passing through them, then the shocking damage, and finally the saber returns, slicing them again if you've aimed it correctly.

I've somehow chained swings in which I swing in front of me from left and right a few times without going back to the ready stance but I cannot reproduce it consistently.

Its rather easy once yo uget the hang of it. In medium you can do it about twice and in light infinitley, you simply hit left and attack, then as your saber reaches the edge of the swing, hit right and attack and do the opposite when it reaches the right side. I refer doing it with left forwards/right forwards and getting a figgure eight look :D

As for strategy I like the following:

1. When some one attacks dodge left or right and do a series of twirling attacks from behind, light stance does little dammage, but it sure looks cool. This also works, though not as well with medium.

2. Getting a guy with a gun in a corner and doing non stop spinning attacks

3. get a guy on the ground, switch to heavy attack and do a ducking blow.

4. tap forwards down and attack while in light! Boohya!

5. wallrun into a spinning attack (what can I say, I like spinning)

6. ALWAYS WAIT FOR THE OPPONENT TO ATTACK! Going in first usually leads to failure.

7. When you have to go in, use quick attacks and be ready to block/dodge (usually dodge as blocking rarely works for me, even when standing still facing the enemy)

8. If some ones spinning a lot theres a good chance that they are on light combat stance, switch to heavy and try to smash them. Often a heavy combo can waste some one on light stance.

Now I only wish Oni could have been multiplayer... it had the BEST melee and weapons/meele combos there has ever been. Grabbing a guys arm, kicking him in hte head, knocking him on the ground breaking his arm/grabbing his gun and then firing it into his head a few times was TOO cool.

Well this tread is going on quite good, and i like that, couse mp is the only way of playing the game imho :)

My friends and I, we have a gameing place (8 computers in lan, dont know what the damn english word is:), and since we found out about Jedi Night II a few days ago, we haven't played enything else.. We have a few demos of our own but can't post them at the time. I encourige the idea of exchageing them though (console is turned on with shift+tilde btw...)

Originally posted by Valin_Hart

And while we are on this MP subject, does anyone have an effective counter for Force Drain?

The best way od fighting the drain force is by conuteracting it with absorb force (light). Basicly apsorb will get you extra mana when used against most force attacs, but when used against drain it will save you from loosing the mana you possess. At that time the best thing to do would be hiting the draining enemy right in the face preferably with the heavy stance. I prefer to have the absorb force on the highest level. Be careful using it will couse you mana loss by it self and if you waste to much of it another drain (or grip) attack can be deadly! In some cases attacking the draining enemy with a powerful hit, will do the trick by it self. You will lose some mana though. Push force would not do, 'couse you will lost all of your mana even faster, and the enemy will use that to his advantage.

There are some great tips in the posts I've read. Let me add:

It may seem that the dark jedis are stornger, becouse of their attacking forces, but the good ones can retaliate with their defence ones, so it's all back to skill once again. I've tried out the mind trick (light), and it works very well becouse most of enemies dont have their seeing forces tuned up, so it provides a good cover for sneaky attacs, and easy getaways...

• 1 month later...

How do I change my Stances? I don't have a mannual to look at, although I try to barrow my friends whenever I can.

If you could tell me how to change the stances and the cheat for Single Player Lightsaber color to be red I'd be rather gratefull.

-Darth Sadao :darth:

Archived