Home

XP and Voodoo 5 card

opieishome

Well i just got my copy of jedi knight 2 outcast, i have windows XP and a Voodoo 5 card for video. I know the game doesnt support this configuration, but as some know you can tweak things this way and that way to make them work. So far i have gotten it to work but i am still having blocky letters and a few gameplay issues, what i am looking for is someone who has the same problem and we c9ould maybe get togather and put togather some way to get this up and running better for others and ourselves. any one out there >????

M8, i had the same problem as you.

i fixed it by first downloading a custom driver from voodoofiles.com.

sorry i cant tell u the name i cant find it anywhere, (its quite old, around december time). its got alot of people saying how good it is.

than after that is done download WickedGL, rename Jedi to Quake 3. run wickedGL program. make it search for Quake 3 whereever u renamed the file. its should say yes i have found Quake 3. install the driver. now rename Quake 3 back to Jedi. and start using them force powers!

this should fix your problem :)

got any more problems e-mail me, i will be happy to help

Dan

P.S. i found this answer by mixing and matching. i tryed for hours to get it working!

• 2 weeks later...

ive got an pci voodoo5 and everytime i try to start the game i get an cant start opengl error-i cant even get intot he game to see it. I've gone to voodoofiles and downloaded the latest--or what i thought was the best driver. ive got winXP also. any ideas how to fix this??:confused:GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem<-----------this is what i get when i try to run the game

Well when i got an OpenGL error message in a few of my games (elite force and quake for example) i made sure i had direct-x 8 installed, and after i found out i didnt, i took care of that. after i entered the games, they all seemed to work. why dont u give that a try

P.O.D. -the band- NOT the pod people

ian

Archived