Home

Can we please alter the crosshair?

enderWiggin6

first off, i love this game. i'm not gonna deny it. but i have one main problem....the #(*$#)#@$#)@#(*#)('ing crosshair. for the love of god, has someone fixed this, and is it in consideration for a patch. i think the consensus is that this "feature" is rather annoying...nice idea, but just doesn't work. the cg_dynamicCrossHair setting is nice, but it removes the crosshair in 3rd person...which sucks. any fix for this?

ender.

MDK2 had a weird crosshair...like none.

I was in third person and to shoot you basically "pointed you gun at something and shot. I'm assuming that it picks up targets automatically because I aim too good for my talent level. Oh well, its still great.

My advice: Get used to it.

I have played Heretic II, which also had a crosshair that tracked opponents, in 3rd person, and in that game it worked very well indeed.

However, I have to agree that in 3rd person when using guns, the crosshair in JKII is somewhat annoying. I aim at, for example, a Stormtrooper, and yet because the Stormie is moving, the crosshair ends up to one side or the other when I shoot - even though I am still tracking the Stormie closely myself. In 1st person, the problem is nowhere near as bad, but it is still not as intuitive as it could be.

I am currently playing the game without the dynamic crosshair. I still have a static crosshair in 1st person...which is more accurate, but now, of course, there is no crosshair in 3rd person at all. I would simply like a static 3rd person crosshair, so that wherever I look, it points in the right direction. I was really looking forward to a crosshair in 3rd person, but the dynamic crosshair has fallen short of my expectations. With the dynamic crosshair enabled, I use twice as much ammo when firing guns while in 3rd person, than in 1st person, all due to the crosshair shifting unexpectedly, and losing track of the intended target.

The rest of the game is superb, so this issue does not detract too much from my enjoyment of the game, however, it would be nice to just have the option of a static 3rd person crosshair for those who can shoot fairly accurately. ;)

Archived