Home

Why Skins will NEVER happen...

Evan Nash

This game will only run custom skins if the person who creates the server makes a few changes.

You need to go to Advanced options, and make sure that it says "Pure Server: OFF".

Most people in the game don't know what this is, and having a Pure Server has many good advantages.

Sad thing is, we'll never get to view skins ever unless we are on a server with people who know about this, but that is rarely going to happen.

I beg Raven or someone to patch it so that we can be guarenteed to always view our skins. Make Pure Server's default as OFF, rather than ON, which is how it is.

Or anything. Please please please please please.

Please.

Thanks =)

mmm, if u turn pure servers to non pure servers u then run the risk of people cheating on them. It is far easier to chrat on un pure serevrs then pure servers, simply becasue the server only uses origional game data, so no cheat programs like trainers can be used.

Also for the skin to be seen by everyone, each client will need the skin installed on their system.

For example, if i d/l a darth maul skin and u do not, u won't be able to see as u don't have the files to create that skin.

EF has hundreds of custom skins, but are never seen simply becasue pure servers do not have them installed. If pure servers do have them insatlled on their system then they can be used on that server, but like i say, u need the skin to be able to see it, u can't see a skin u don't have installed on your system.

Don't count on major server providers like Jolt.co.uk, NGI or Barrysworld to insatll custom skins on their servers, just a waste of space, time and money.

pure is for pk3 file checking to stop cheats ...

but pure ON wont stop from using and seeing skins/models it doesnt have ...

O@H runs half dozen q3 servers ... all PURE .... u can use and see any model it doesnt have, no problems ...

if you change anythingin in the pk3's (the same ones that r one the server ) you will get booted for Unpure Client ... thats what pure does..

nothing else.

eg RA3 .

server runs q3 pak0 pak1 etc pk3s and the RA3 pk3s ....

client connects to RA3 with bender model and Quadman or something .. (these r not on the server)

anyone with those models/skins will see them and so will u

nothing else will happen

soon as you edit the RA3 pk3s ...boot..

Raven need to fix JK2 to be just like its big brother q3

Originally posted by Kurgan

This option should make installing skins a breeze.. I hope people take advantage.

I haven't tried to use any skins, but if it's true that Pure Servers can use them without a problem, then I say why not?

Skins are good...

yea, but the server has 2 have the skins, it should be like half-life has it, so u can have the skins...but only u see them...

Archived