Home

How do you make the lightsaber act predictably?

Paladyn

When I get a game, I read the manual from cover to cover. Then I play the game.

This is because it's not fun for me if I don't know what I'm doing.

I don't like "finding out" things about controlling my character that the manual, readme, and FAQ failed to mention.

Many people do enjoy this, which I understand. But I would like to know how the saber AI works in order to play the game with the least amount of frustration possible.

Sidenote: Raven, your name heralds the coming of gaming excellence. After JK2, I would pick up a copy of Barbie's Tea Party Part 5 if you had a part in it (please don't put me in that situation).

I played through the first part of the game where Kyle has no saber. Then I *force pulled* the saber and my life got complicated because it doesn't behave like the manual says. I know this because of extensive testing in the bar room at Nar Shadaa; the lightsaber is smarter than I am.

According to the manual, pressing forward and attack will execute a downward strike. This is true, so long as you're not swinging at anything. If you are swinging at something, say, a three eyed goat-man, the saber executes the most appropriate of the eight or so possible strikes, usually resulting in a dead goat-man and some really kick-arse follow-through that sobers up most of his drinking buddies.

They don't mention that in the manual.

Admittedly, this is really cool, and I'm all for a little combat intelligence built into the saber, but I want to know more about how the weapon thinks so I'll know how to use it the way I intend.

Strangely, I haven't heard mention of this in any of the online forums so I'm either:

-blind

-clueless

-super-humanly brite

-Anal Retentive.

extraordinarily observant

-"listening" to online forums

-a cry baby (cry baby!, cry to your momma!)

Anyhoo, I'm just gonna keep cleaning house in the bar till everybody fears my name and I can find my way to the door without asking my lightsaber for directions but in the meantime; Activision/Lucasarts/Raven/New Republic/Worldwide Pants/Anyone At All: a little help here would be keen.

Tanks,

Paladyn

P.S. Raven, I really meant what I said. Stay out of bed with Mattel.

P.P.S. Text enclosed in asterisks may constitute a spoiler. Please do not read text labeled in this way until you prove yourself brighter than said lightsaber.

Archived