Home

Help: Fyaar Bug? *SPOILERS*

Jonti

Warning: Do not read on unless you are substantially through the single player game, or if you do not want event secrets being revealed before you have had chance to play them ...

Hi

Okay, my problem is this. I'm onboard the Doombringer ship, I have rescued Jan and she has gone off to the escape pod. I've (finally ;) ) defeated Fyaar and deactivated the shield generator.

At this point, a checkpoint saves the game and everything is fine. However, moments after that a huge explosion rocks the screen, and after that point, I lose the ability to control Kyle properly. The only way I can describe it is that it is like a very low gravity setting, i.e. he cannot turn fast, once you jump you carry on going and have very little air control. When trying to navigate through doors, it is almost impossible and turning corners quickly (or trying to avoid those flames for that matter) becomes impossible.

At first I thought it was part of the game (i.e. Rogue Squadron caused the damage etc) but I've tried everything I can think of, but to no avail. I've even reloaded the Fyaar battle and defeated him yet another time, just to make sure it was saved in a dodgy position, but, once again, I'm left with the same problem.

I've searched the net, but to no avail, and I would search these forums but it's been disabled. Anyway, I don't know whether or not this is a bug, and if so, whether there's a solution, but I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in advanced

Jonty

It's not a bug. The gravity has been disabled in that part of the ship, and you must float your way out. Your goal is back in the large open room (with the cylinder in the middle that housed the glass passageways into the "sewer" system), into the middle door. No bug, just float. Yes, it's a pain.

Archived