Home

Glaring imbalance in the force.

Jakkon

This is about the 200th thread on this board dealling with this issue. There are also 200 dealing with the gun. I have 2 things I have to say...

1)QUIT COMPAINING ABOUT THE FORCE POWERS AND LEARN TO PLAY WITH WHAT YOU WANT TO USE:

I use light side only and I am ussually near the top or at the top of the leaders. I am not the best, but I seem to do ok with light. I do not use heal only absorb, protect, push(on occasion) and all three saber skills all the way up....

2)QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT GUNS AND LEARN TO PLAY WITH WHAT YOU WANT TO USE:

I use saber only as well and I LOVE playing in a guns server. Although I might not be killing everyone I find it fun to try to kill gunners with a saber. Protect is a life saver....

In closing I have to say that if some of you(not all because most of you seem to know what is up) would spend as much time learning how to play and counter the things you complain about as the time you spend complaining about them you would probably be owning all....

Please for the sake of reality STOP with all your nonsense about how the dark side is stronger, light side takes longer to master... This is a bloody computer game, nor some pseudo jedi reality!

Drain is the only power that has a problem, BUT the dark side needs it to counter lightning force, heal force and well to heal themselves. There are a few problems with drain lvl3 though (lvl2 is just fine... that is how lvl3 should have been)

- Too wide firing arc.

- Drains way too fast.

- Uses very little force power.

I say that:

- It should have a more narrow firing arc.

- Drain slower or have a delay of a few seconds before it starts draining.

- Uses the same amount of power as drained to heal the dark jedi.

Besides that the powers are fairly well balanced. I understand why people get sick of the drain+grip combo. Even if you have absorb it is hard to defend against. Without absorb it is impossible It drains so fast that you don't have time to turn on absorb... even if you do you gain no power from being drained... when drained and using absorb you should get force power too.

have you ever played as a light jedi? i always do. its not unbalanced at all. yesterday i went 30-0 in a dual game. today i went 9-0. in ffa i get first place probably 1/3 of the time. ok enough with bragging but im serious. people dont understand that light side is very strong. the only part of the dark side powers that i dont like and have a little trouble fighting is full power drain. even that can be ignored using absorb. its true that light have to use their saber to kill people but its not very hard when a dark jedi is trying to use lightning or drain and you slash and hack at him while he cant block.

I've never been anything but a light sider. At first, it seemed hopeless. But after playing against the majority that are dark siders, i find myself constantly beating them up to a pulp. The only problem i see is in a duel match, and drain3 being too potent. Drain is warranted for dark siders, but drain3 is very powerful when it is used by a dark side master. The only thing you do here is to charge at him, which is easier said than done when the strong stance has a few annoying but fatal bugs.

Archived