Home

Secret Map Thread

jedialphaknight

As far as I have been able to find there are no "secret maps" in the game other than the pit. Now there might be maps with secret options that we havent found yet, who knows. If you dont want to go sifting through the pk3 files you can easily just hit "dir maps" in the console and that will list every single map in the game.

no, just start up the game, and bring down the console (you can even do it while still at the main menu) with shift + ~ and type 'map pit'.

the map should start loading after you press enter.

it's not a cheat, see.

No there isnt, trust me, if you understand the how the Quake3 engine works it would make more sense. The Assets0.pk3 file can be opened with winzip and if you look in there you can see all the maps that came with this game. The only maps that you cannot normally play in SP or MP is Valley and Pit. You have to bring down the console to get to the Pit, and the Valley is no good till someone redoes it in an editor. Everytime you load it, it goes into cinamatic mode and ends 1 min later. I used noclip and went through all the single player and multiplayer levels beyond the walls to look for hiden areas, I didnt see any.

i think there may be a secret way to join the training guys at the temple before u get your saber because in some of the screenshots they released before the game cameout there was close ups of the traininga nd kyle watching them saber duel

-patch

There is a room somewhere where you fight increasing numbers of Reborn... ladder style... it's not a seperate map, but hidden somewhere in an existing map... "It has found its way into the game in a special spot"

if someone finds it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further to my earlier post, just pop usemap td1 into console and start a Jedi Master single player game. Complete the game using no hacks etc (like warping through the levels) and at the end of the game, you will be rewarded by a brand new level on Yavin IV complete with a cutscene.

Voila - Enjoy!

p.s. you can't search for this in the .pk3 files. It was deliberatly hidden by the designers.

Shame on you Vod!

What a complete load of Bullpoo!

I remember, back in the good old days, we had a phrase for reffering for "level hoaxers" such as yourself...

A "Eugene": coined after the unmasking of the first great computer level hoax in Manic Miner 2 (on the good old Speccy 48k). It was purported that if you managed to jump down the Mansion toilet at a certian time in the game you got an extra "Eugene's Revenge" level.

Bullpoo, you Eugene! If you understood anything about the Q3 TA engine you would know how ridiculous your claim is. Saying 'It's hidden' is not good enough. We're still waiting for screen-shots from you, but we're not gonna get 'em, are we?

Like he said, Vodkamartini, if you knew anything about the Q3TA engine, you would know that all of the files for maps, art, textures, models, sounds, etc. are contained within the *.pk3 files. If it's not in either of those, it's not anywhere else. :p

Archived