Home

LAG....Possible fix?

TheJediComic

Hey all, I'm running one hell of a system on broadband, and I'm still having major lag issues!

I'll run a private server for my friend and myself, using only 8-9 bots, and have his ping go from the 70-120 range, all the way up to the 600's, go unstable and time him out at 999, and then calm back down again.

Is there any chance they are going to fix this? That's just pathetic, even for a server you're playing on. Other than that, this game is great.

My System specs are:

PIV 1.8 GHz

512 MB RDRAM

SB LIVE! 5.1

Geforce 4 128 mb ddr ti 4400

and a normally very fast broadband connection

I'm running the game at a lower resolution, medium detailed 16 bit bilinear textrues, and we still haven't increased performance for clients. Someone please help out if you can :)

I don't know if it causes lag on the server end, but it certainly does on the client end (it doesn't make sense why it would affect a server, but it's another opportunity to tell the Creative Labs people, they are bad engineers).

Yes I do think that Raven should make the net code better...people with cable can have 999 ping is just not right...also, 56k shouldn't lag out of ANY game...

56k friendly...yes....56k is unsinkable...

<-- Cable here, but speaking out for my friend

Archived