Home

hackers in jk2.

jedi-redemption

The worst thing about the cheating in CS is that it brought cheating into the forefront for so many people. The week after any new FPS hits the shelves everyone is paranoid about cheaters. Within a couple weeks, anyone who is any good at the game gets flamed for cheating by every clueless n00b who feels the world owes them m4d sk1llz0rz in the game just for maintaining the ability to process oxygen. People use the cheats, or suspicion there of, as a crutch for sucking ass at the game.

Polaris.. I couldn't agree with you more.. Well said my friend...

if your wondering how i no so much its because i am an ex member of *myg0t* ( the biggest hacking clan for cs in the world )

jedi-redemption... Hey by the looks of it you are trying to break all ties with the POS clan (good for you).. You open a can of worms by saying you were in it though.. My advice to you would be not to mention that you were in it again, alot of people might not be willing to give you a second chance..

:jango:

Originally posted by jedialphaknight

yeah L3on, its modified Quake 1 engine, go look it up yourself. why do you think the engine is so horrible.

from idsoftware.com:

"In 1996, id unleashed QUAKE, the most highly anticipated game since DOOM. "

then

"December 9, 1997, id Software and Activision rocked the continent with the release of the mind-blowing, QUAKE II."

Half-life came out in 1998 using a modified Quake TWO, seeing as the Quake 1 engine was obsolete at the time.

i have cut all links from my name from myg0t because i dont even have cs installed 0n my pc now. myg0t blows. to be in myg0t you have to have a head bigger than jupiter. i have grown up since and if you still think i wanna make hacks in jk2 then think *why did he post this to start with* im no different from 3/4 of cs players most people cheated in it anyway so it was almost statitory to own a hack. i havnt got jk2 yet but i should get it as soon as it arrives over here.

if anything in this message seems like retaliation then it isnt supposed to be.

Originally posted by ]CkB[Polaris

from idsoftware.com:

"In 1996, id unleashed QUAKE, the most highly anticipated game since DOOM. "

then

"December 9, 1997, id Software and Activision rocked the continent with the release of the mind-blowing, QUAKE II."

Half-life came out in 1998 using a modified Quake TWO, seeing as the Quake 1 engine was obsolete at the time.

Just because Quake2 was out before Half Life was doesn't mean Half Life used the Quake2 engine. In fact, based on the timeline, I'm far more inclined to believe Half Life uses Quake1 tech due to development times and the depth of Half Life.

"This is my first major OpenGL work developed about 4 months ago. It renders Half-Life maps (actually, it's a Quake 2 bsp format). "

- CFXWeb in a description of an OpenGL map viwer for HL.

"Awesome texture utility for Quake2 and Half-Life. "

- a description of the Wally tool.

Nope.. I didn't take like a retaliation..

Anyways even if it was, I never take anything serious online..It's like the saying goes fighting on the internet is like running the 100 metre dash at the special olympics.. Well you know the rest, no need to say the last part..

The hacks in Jedi Knight that most of you guys saw where not what messed up the game .

It was the nf sabs cheats . the genmove.cog (makes u warp due to high speed and the weap_saber.cog ( extendo ) . the use of these cheats was not wide spread amoungst all the noobs on the zone , just a handfull of " leet " ladder players has them .

This is the sort of cheat that i'd be worried about.

HL is, always has been and always will be (unless valve gets a hint) made from the Quake 1 game engine, and its graphics suck, the modeleing system suck, the only good parts of it are CS, FireArms, and single player.

I'm a long time fan of ID's :p

so it comes natural to know my games off their tech.

when i get home for school i'll dig out my proof, because i've seen the same issue raised before. as for JK2 hacking.. well, thats why i don't often play actual MP anymore. Hackers and whiners

JK2 i will play MP but only in Duel. and i have been booted from servers in various games for "hacking" when its merely the fact i know where people hide in CS (Shoot the boxes!) and i can actually use the rail gun in Q2/3A!!

but JK2 hacking i'm guessing there will be little of, just alot of whiners is all, Q3TA was well rounded in hack protection.

though of course not fully safe, no game will ever be now that people have found it so easy to just search and dload.

Originally posted by jedi-redemption

if your wondering how i no so much its because i am an ex member of *myg0t* ( the biggest hacking clan for cs in the world )

keep it clean pleeze raven. i want this game to involve skill. [/b]

This thread is nothing more than you looking for an excuse when you lose,"everbody cheated in cs" no they didnt thats something insecure cheaters say to make the cheating sound justified.

CS is a good game always was,it the types who play it that spoil it i can only hope JKII doesnt become availble near you or you order and it gets lost in the post each time.

You want this game to be about skill,thats a given thing is can you handle it when the skilled players are beating you..i doubt that very much and nodoubt how this thread came about.

Holy...out

dont judge me. many people do cheat in cs and its not just me being paranoid. nearly every1 you see tha can get a 4.1 kill ratio in cs cheats. i didnt say i was brilliant at jk2 or nothing. im just stating the facts. it sounds to me kinda like your antisapating the hacks more than you did with the game. what are you trying to cover up. look at how many posts i have had and look how many you have had. you are the first person that has something against me, and i hope you are the last.

I WAS STATING THAT PEOPLE ARE MAKING HACKS FOR JK2 NOT PROPAGANDA, THE TRUTH. :monkey4:

look at how many posts i have had and look how many you have had. you are the first person that has something against me, and i hope you are the last.

LOL, I think the reason no-one has had anything against you in your previous 57 posts is before this thread "we" as a whole did not know you were known "HACKER"... Some like to say once a cheater always a cheater.. So in some peoples mind how can you not expect them to be a little skeptical...

i accept that. cummon though would i be saying it was such a good game and warning about hackers if i was still on the side of the hackers. after all wouldnt i prefer to hack without people knowing i was doing it. I DONT CHEAT ANYMORE IF I DID I WOULD ANNOUNCE THE FACT I USED TO BE 1.

soz for shouting but sum people have a 1 track mind ie navaros.

Originally posted by jedi-redemption

dont judge me. many people do cheat in cs and its not just me being paranoid. nearly every1 you see tha can get a 4.1 kill ratio in cs cheats. i didnt say i was brilliant at jk2 or nothing. im just stating the facts. it sounds to me kinda like your antisapating the hacks more than you did with the game. what are you trying to cover up. look at how many posts i have had and look how many you have had. you are the first person that has something against me, and i hope you are the last.

I WAS STATING THAT PEOPLE ARE MAKING HACKS FOR JK2 NOT PROPAGANDA, THE TRUTH. :monkey4:

simple post count means little,my 3 or so posts dont tell you i started in CS in b1 and i still play CS to this day regardless of the cheating paranioa.

You post your ex "myg0t" i as a former admin know all to well about "myg0t" and what they represent,they are bunch of kids who just couldnt take it that some people where better than them and even when they cheated they got beat so what did they do.........accuse the decent player of cheating.

You dont want be judged then dont post "i am ex myg0t" like its a top qualification fact is you lost respect as soon as doing so regardles of quitting them and you "growing up" by the looks of your reply to me i would say you got a long way to go in terms of growing up.

Holy...out

im 14 thanks. i have got a lot of growing up to do. but i was in myg0t like a year ago. i didnt say *I WAS IN MYG0T SO I NO EVERYTHING THERES TO NO ABOUT HACKING* did i. cummon mate. you judged me, i was in myg0t for hacking, i was in it for the r4g3ing. however i have changed. i only backed up the fact that i was ex myg0t because otherwise i would just be the other joe bloggs paranoid n00b. ive talked to people that are making these hacks, so i have proof to back up these rumours.

you have won this arguement because i do not beleive in hatred and will carry this conversation no farther.

im now comming to terms with your reasoning and accept it, all i can do is try to convince you that i have changed. i havnt even got jk2 yet so im going to be a relative n00b.

im sorry but if you want to carry this conversation on then i wont answer you.

Yes, HL began with the Quake 1 engine as a base. But they did also reference Quake2 tech, so effectively it is based on both engines.

In the end, the Half Life engine code bears little resemblance to either Quake1 or Quake2's engines, but that's how a lot of games do it. The point is what they started with.

So yes, it's correct to say HL is Quake1 engine based, but it's only partially correct. To say it's not in any way based on Quake2 is false.

Many other games that began with Quake1 "upgraded" to the Quake2 tech partway through development (SiN, Diakatana, even Duke Nukem Forever IIRC before it changed yet again to Unreal tech).

Anyway, hopefully cheating will not be a big problem in MP... not like it was for JK (though thankfully we had Kicker Helper to see us through the darker times).

I think you guys exagerate how bad the cheating in CS has been lately, in its current state. As far as I can tell, CSGuard's doing a bang-up job, and admins frequent the servers more often. Blacklists don't hurt either. You just have to find the right server.

As to the old days of JK cheating, I actually kind of miss those. I recall this one time a cheater entered the server. Everyone else left after a while, but I stayed and played on against the guy with a billion force destructions and force grips and CC blasts. It was quite even, actually, and in the end I actually had the higher score. Force jump, speed, and rail guns baby. Man that was a blast.

What was I talking about?

Nax

Originally posted by ]CkB[Polaris

The worst thing about the cheating in CS is that it brought cheating into the forefront for so many people. The week after any new FPS hits the shelves everyone is paranoid about cheaters. Within a couple weeks, anyone who is any good at the game gets flamed for cheating by every clueless n00b who feels the world owes them m4d sk1llz0rz in the game just for maintaining the ability to process oxygen. People use the cheats, or suspicion there of, as a crutch for sucking ass at the game.

It's not just CS, for a lot of people, massive cheats were also shown off in the destruction of a console game: Phantasy Star Online. Great friggin' game, until the cheaters destroyed it...

As for people who get blamed for cheating when they aren't, I've felt that and fully agree. Personally, I think people sometimes just need to spectate and actually watch someone to see if they're cheating (I've seen people shoot through walls or do other impossible predictions and labelled them as cheaters, but not until I see it myself) before blaming others. I actually had some n00bs try to kick me off a JKII server a couple days ago just because I was using level 3 Grip (just for damage and incapacitating, there weren't any edges for me to toss people off of), and they couldn't figure out how I was moving them while gripping and moving myself while gripping, so they figured I must be cheating.

Especially now, people just need to learn the game. realize what can be done, and what can't before you spout your mouth off.

Archived