Home

Lightsaber in first 5 levels?

Creston

Hey all,

I've been playing JK2 non stop since I got it friday, have managed to finish it twice now, and put in some multiplayer to boot.

I'm curious however, as to whether or not it's possible to get a lightsaber in the first five missions. You can give yourself the weapon using the "give weaponnum 1" cheat, but it doesn't load the saber model. For all intents and purposes you DO have that saber, as you can block, chop etc with it, Kyle makes the motions and the sounds, but the saber just doesn't show up.

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually force the model to load in these levels?

Another problem I have is with the difficulty level in mission 5 (saving the prisoners) and in mission 10 (refuel the Lady Luck).

While I have no problem staying alive myself against the odds that you face, I find it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to keep those damn prisoners alive at Jedi Knight or God forbid, Jedi Master, and I cannot keep Lando alive on Jedi Master level. This is supremely frustrating (I managed to cheat my way through level 5 on Jedi Knight diff, by no-clipping to other turbolaser cannons to destroy the AT-ST's, and on Jedi Master difficulty, I just skipped the map).

Does anyone have any tips? I'd like to be able to play through the game on Jedi Master diff WITHOUT having to cheat or skip parts. I love the difficulty on Jedi Master, the lightsaber duels are actually difficult then :)

Thanks for reading and for any hints / tips you can give me.

PS, anyone manage to find all the secrets yet? I'm still missing 12 in total..

Creston

the prisoners level was indeed very hard on jedi master, i had to sprint to the little room kill everyone there under a second, press the button, sprint to elevator, shoot the guy in the booth, get to the big gun, kill the atst, turn around snipe the guys on the roof, kill the second at-st, in the end i restarted about 15 times, soooo frustrating.

as for the lando level, after losing him 4 times i changed my tactics from mainly-lightsaber, to thermo-bomb, thermo-bomb, clean the house with lightsaber.

Yes. You can. Here is a pic of me in the first level. I am using it my second time around.

JK1.JPG

First use the code.

"devmapall"

then "give weaponnum 1"

then use the 1 key to select saber. Switch to weapon 2. switch to weapn 1. press 1 a couple of times to turn the saber on and off. There you go.

Hey I have to try that, thanks :)

I also noticed that there are more "strange" things when using Force powers in levels 1-5, the grip animation is all wrong, and while you hit enemies with lightning, you don't actually see it shoot from your hand.

But oooohhhh are those darn headcrabs enjoyable to kill with force lightning :D. No more having to aim and waste 60 shots on 1 of them, one ray of lightning and the whole hallway is filled with the little blighters' corpses.

Thanks for the advise and tips guys!

Creston

I had the same problem with the saber that you did.

If the thing with switching back and forth doesnt work try saber throw. I tried it and all of a sudden the saber appeared. Don't know about the force powers though, they all worked right for me in the first few levels. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting past the AT-STs in jedi master mode was difficult but not as impossible as keeping Lando alive. My problem was that the first AT-ST would do too much damage to the turbo laser cannon and i wouldn't have enough shots left to kill all the storm troopers and take out the second AT-ST. One thing that helped me was using 2 thermo bombs on the first AT-ST. Throw the first thermo bomb when you run out of the guard house at the base of the elevator. Throw the second while riding the elevator up to the turbo laser cannon. When you reach the turbo laser cannon it won't take as many shots to kill the first AT-ST and so you shouldn't have as much damage. It also depends whether the AT-ST fires rockets or lasers at you. I think the rockets did much more damage. Hope this helps.

Artus Topside:

When you start the level, lure the first AT-ST all the way thru the canyon to the big gates that are closed for now (get him behind the corner so it can't follow you fast) - take heed not to get stomped of course. Then, run back to the booth and to the topside gun and busy yourself sniping off stormtroopers and the second AT-ST from the gate that opens. Once that area is clear, descend to the canyone and alert the 1st AT-ST which you left behind, get it to follow you, then get back to the cannon and kill it. That way you won't have two of them attacking you at the same time.

Nar Shaddaa Starpad:

Explosives + Force Speed + lots of bacta are your best bet, so far as I can tell. So save those grenades/detpacks from the start of the map.

Also, I think the entrance to the ship opens when Lando tells you to get to the ship. Later in the mission, you can use the ship's mounted gun to fight Reelo and his thugs. If you can get in the ship and use this gun right away, that would help. (But I didn't try that.)

(I only played this at Jedi Knight skill level, not on Jedi Master yet (machine too weak, PII-350 with Voodoo 3).

This is how you kill the At-ST, as soon as you get up aim for him and fire imediately, this will take lots of health off you usesly but as soon as he dies jump out and shoot all the troopers with guns, then as soon as the next AT-ST comes out shoot at him with the turret again, he doesnt even target you so its not a problem since the only people who shoot at you are the troopers you just killed :)

Archived