Home

Jedi Knight Custom Mapping

Endo'Cun

What program would i have to download to make custom maps for Jedi Knight Outcast? Because i got no clue how to make maps, Its just that i got so many awesome ideas for Jedi Outcast that I want to show them off to the JO society, so does anybody know, im a quick learner so it won't take long.

I think that there is a "sticky" thread at the top of the editing forum. In there you will find a ton of links to get you started on learning to edit for the Quake 3 engine.

Hopefully you have a copy of Quake 3 also. Take the tutorials and start to cut your teeth. Learn to make rooms, then lights, then spawnpoints, then guns, then enemies, etc....

Once you have gotten the hang of it, then Jedi map tools should be released by then, and you will have already gotten a good head start on everyone else.

In short, the JKII map tools have not been released yet. PPL with a good amount of experience with Q3 engine games, will likely know what is new and may start get started on making JKII maps early. The can just use the textures that are found in the pk3 files, and also use a decompiler to extract entities names and key settings.

Since Raven had a nice break by finishing up the game with time to spare, they may release the tools sooner rather than later (as in RTCW)

Good luck,

Cyclone

Archived