Home

to all you strong stance whiners

madrebel

*bold challenge*

I challenge anyone to duel me. I will beat your strong style everytime.

caveats:

my server choice

for sake of prooving my point you can only use strong stance.

server is either 208.22.111.4

or

no strong style only person can beat me and my stong style counter.

im doing this to make all the cry babies stfu about strong stance being overpowered. Ill show all you weenies how easy it is to counter.

yes young jedi ;)

click on my profile its all in there.

i still dont see any takes, i see lots of views on this thread though. what you dont think i can do it? scared to think that your crying about an imbalance is all for not?

come on someone really good at strong style take my challenge.

*shrug*

some of us use all styles in combination with kicking, acrobatics and avilable force powers. Everythign is in there to fill a specific role. If you deny yourself a useful tool, merely because you perceive it to be "less powerful" than another tool, you have foolishly and needlessly crippled yourself.

Strong stance has its uses. A good hit can nearly kill a player. But once you have them down to 20 health, you are far better off switching to medium or fast stance and finishing the job. Similairely, the light stance pounce is extremely useful as a surprise maneuvre, and can easily finish off an opponent hit once with heavy stance. Add some imaginative use of force pull (time it right, and you will have a tripped opponent at your feet, ready for a blow from medium stance before they can get up), proper use of saber throw (you know, it's possible to steer the saber in midair and maneuvre it to hit opponents from behind so they won't block it) as well as plenty of acrobatic dodges, and you'll be far better off than if you just stick to a single stance.

the best thing to do is change stances like aiee said. I go with strong stance in the begining and change when one of two things happen:

1) they are too fast

2) I get a hit off.

If they are too fast I change to light style a bit and if I get a hit off I change to medium and finish them. Using strong stance for two hits is unnecessary, unless they have heal tho :(

Personally, I perfer NEF games. NEF is Neutral force, and are played with a gentlemans aggreement only to spend force powers on saber skills and neutral powers. We usually play on passworded servers to avoid random joes who want to wreck the fun, and it's generally more challenging than hitting force drain repeatedly. I have posted a thread here earlier today that links to another forum where I have made a listing of several special moves available to the creative player. It has the odd typo and is still incomplete, but a good read for inspiration nonetheless.

Gee....I've never died from a strong style attack once. I don't see how people can use it.......don't get me wrong i'm sure there is somebody out there who can. But, its not to hard to step to the side and come around behind them and slice there head off while there still bringing there saber back up.

Originally posted by RabidPlatypus

strong style people can still move while they are swining chrono, and even go into a roll right after it finishes up so its not like they are completely vulnerable.

hmm.....well I have yet to see a player move after they swing. Maybe i'm playing against newbies perhaps? Or i'm just lucky.

hmm its just you. j/k :D no iam thinking that it is the noobness of your oponents(sp?). i was playing mp before and i cleaned up with the heavy/strong stance. i had about 5 kills in a row. its all in the timing you have to remember, cant just hold down fire....... its like the anti-noob;) :cool:

madrebel: i will take some of that bet, just post a time/more info please. i am not aposed to get my butt kicked to learn some new moves.:cool:

edit:mutter.... added subject line.

Fro strong style, two effective things to do is tap strafe, then slash, then hold forward. as you run forward, the saber will make a sweep from left to right or right to left, covering an arc of approx. 210 degrees in front of you with plenty of power to go. Th eoverhead swing (forward + slash or backwards + slash) can be steered with the mouse as it is brought down to help you aim. You can perform an unblockable attack by hitting forward, the jump, then slash, performing a sommersault that ends in the heavy slash being brought down from above. If you hit jump + slash immediately after you land, you will lunge forward and strike again immediately in case you land in front of someone.

Also, heavy stance allows you to run, roll, jump, dive and sommersault in mid-swing like all other stances. you can be extremely mobile with heavy stance if you know how.

What will initially put most players off is that heavy style requires a lot of timing. those who used to play the original JK will remember the secondary sweep and trying to get the timing just right for your opponent to run into the lag arc left behind by the sweep. A similar technique is needed to be successful with the heavy stance in JK2. You need to bide your time, evading your opponent until he is reasonably close and defenseless for you to strike. After you have had our strike, retreat before he can counter, and if you hit, switch to a faster saber style to finish him off.

If your opponent dodges and rolls a lot, you will want to switch to medium or light stance immediately instead, seeing as your chances to hit with heavy stance are very slim if your opponent is halfway decent at evasion. It's all about evaluating which stance is best in a given situation. A hit with a light stance STILL does more damage than a miss with heavy stance ;]

Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

hmm its just you. j/k :D no iam thinking that it is the noobness of your oponents(sp?). i was playing mp before and i cleaned up with the heavy/strong stance. i had about 5 kills in a row. its all in the timing you have to remember, cant just hold down fire....... its like the anti-noob;) :cool:

madrebel: i will take some of that bet, just post a time/more info please. i am not aposed to get my butt kicked to learn some new moves.:cool:

ok, i also forgot to mention im a NF only dueler. sabers and force bore me.

so one of the 2 servers lets playtonight, i prefer the 64.32.167.12 server since its alraedy NF sabers only.

Originally posted by Aiee

Fro strong style, two effective things to do is tap strafe, then slash, then hold forward. as you run forward, the saber will make a sweep from left to right or right to left, covering an arc of approx. 210 degrees in front of you with plenty of power to go. Th eoverhead swing (forward + slash or backwards + slash) can be steered with the mouse as it is brought down to help you aim. You can perform an unblockable attack by hitting forward, the jump, then slash, performing a sommersault that ends in the heavy slash being brought down from above. If you hit jump + slash immediately after you land, you will lunge forward and strike again immediately in case you land in front of someone.

Also, heavy stance allows you to run, roll, jump, dive and sommersault in mid-swing like all other stances. you can be extremely mobile with heavy stance if you know how.

What will initially put most players off is that heavy style requires a lot of timing. those who used to play the original JK will remember the secondary sweep and trying to get the timing just right for your opponent to run into the lag arc left behind by the sweep. A similar technique is needed to be successful with the heavy stance in JK2. You need to bide your time, evading your opponent until he is reasonably close and defenseless for you to strike. After you have had our strike, retreat before he can counter, and if you hit, switch to a faster saber style to finish him off.

If your opponent dodges and rolls a lot, you will want to switch to medium or light stance immediately instead, seeing as your chances to hit with heavy stance are very slim if your opponent is halfway decent at evasion. It's all about evaluating which stance is best in a given situation. A hit with a light stance STILL does more damage than a miss with heavy stance ;]

the bold is what i counter. the jumping unblockable attack is easy to avoid. i out time the heavy strike using a certain method. Its hard to explain but works really well. it was developed out of frustration of this one really good strong only player named "am i dead yet". he is really good at strong only. but my strong counter has yet to be consitently beaten by strong heavy duelers.

ok cool. nf is fine

i will be on line to play in about an hour maybe 2

i will be on the jkii.net chat as SPY_jmr1 and also my icq is 155203445 just add me and i will figure it out:D

edit: wrong icq # sorry pls see ^^^^ for the right one;)

Hey,

I'm not a strong style user, I just want a challenge. (actually I'm asking for a buttwhoopin) I'm working on leaning the physics, and a style, so I need someone to 0wn me for a bit, maybe learn me a bit too ;)

DrNutz

Zone Name: Dr_Crank_CA

i use a special strong stance move that i made up, a kill 3/4 of the time. if i get a hit off that move i go to medium or light to finish em off.

PS the only time i died by a strong user was when i had a lil 3 way duel wit 2 others and he came from no where and got me in the back. :( that sucked.

Originally posted by d4rth_b0b4

i use a special strong stance move that i made up, a kill 3/4 of the time. if i get a hit off that move i go to medium or light to finish em off.

PS the only time i died by a strong user was when i had a lil 3 way duel wit 2 others and he came from no where and got me in the back. :( that sucked.

then you havent played really good dtrong duelers.

Aiee, could you possibly give me the IP and password for this NeF server. I can't find one and on the public ones no one listens to me when I saw no force or neutral force only. A few do but they are a VERY select few. But those that dont listen...hehe, they shall feel my wrath (went 10-0 on 4 maps straight today ;) ).

Poe -- I'm afraid I'm goign to have to let you down there :[ It is a private server that me and a few friends use, and we only activate it when we're playing. You know, I never thought I woud say this, but I actually MISS the old days at the zone where you hosted games with up to 4 players where everyone could aggree on house rules BEFORE launching the game.

Originally posted by Aiee

Poe -- I'm afraid I'm goign to have to let you down there :[ It is a private server that me and a few friends use, and we only activate it when we're playing. You know, I never thought I woud say this, but I actually MISS the old days at the zone where you hosted games with up to 4 players where everyone could aggree on house rules BEFORE launching the game.

so launch a dedicated server and password it.

the zone = ass compared to good dedicated servers.

Archived