Home

AI Help

Guest Snarkster

Guest Snarkster

Whenever I create a scenerio map, my AI's will NOT ally, I tried many different settings. When my wife and I play the scenerio the AI WILL ally, but when I play a single player they will not ally and attack each other instantly...Any help, suggestions appreciated..

Snarky

Without actually having the game yet, I can't give a compete answer, I am inclined to believe that you would need to set diplomacy triggers, telling the computer opponents that they are allied with each other, something like this:

Trigger name - stay allies

trigger on - yes

looping - yes

Change Diplomacy - you need to set which players to ally with who, you would also need to set this trigger up for both players seperately

I think it's something along those lines.

Guest Snarkster

I've done the triggers in the diplomacy menu several different ways, but it doesnt seem to matter which way I set them up, the AI will always fight each other. Even in the setup menu for the scenerio before launching the game I've locked the AIs as team mates...

Thank for the suggestion though :o)

Snark

Guest Snarkster

I am just making skirmish maps for single player and multi player, ally at the begining always is what I'd like but for both single and multi player., In all my maps the AI will not ally, would appreciate it much if you could help.

Snark

Guest Snarkster

I've done all that, made sure the comp players were all allied and even the Allied Victory in the diplomacy menu. I tried to set them to ally at the start menu and also locked the teams. In a single player scenerio map they WILL NOT ALLIE. Now if my wife and I play a multi player against the computer and set the game up for them to ally, THEY DO ALLIE>>>>>>>

Help anyone please, my wife wont play them on hardest like I like to play,,,,,,,,,,,Thanx again for the suggestions fellas, now someone please give me the right solution on the settings,,,,,?????????

Originally posted by Snarkster

I've done all that, made sure the comp players were all allied and even the Allied Victory in the diplomacy menu. I tried to set them to ally at the start menu and also locked the teams. In a single player scenerio map they WILL NOT ALLIE. Now if my wife and I play a multi player against the computer and set the game up for them to ally, THEY DO ALLIE>>>>>>>

Help anyone please, my wife wont play them on hardest like I like to play,,,,,,,,,,,Thanx again for the suggestions fellas, now someone please give me the right solution on the settings,,,,,?????????

Well, in MP, the comps may "unally" with you at any time... so, if you want them to stay on the teams you give them... LOCK THE TEAMS

Guest Snarkster

I have tried that, In a multi player there are no problems, but in a single player, they will not ALLIE......................Thanx again Snark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived