Home

Voting Broken on Duel Servers

Essobie

While posting in the thread about the problems with Drain in Saber Only servers, I forgot to mention one really huge problem that was overlooked in the Voting system.

Spectators do not have a "voice" during a callvote.

At first glance, this seems good since spectators aren't actually PLAYING and shouldn't have a choice in what goes on until they join the game. But what about Duel gametype servers?

ALL players on the server are "playing" because they are either one of the two players duking it out, or they are waiting in line. Any vote that gets called (by one of the two players only, mind you... spectators can't call votes) can only be voted on by the two players in a match. All other players can do nothing.

What does this mean? It means pretty quickly, "grief players" as they are called, will find out it's pretty easy to pair up and join a duel server, and play until they both get in the match (not spectating) and then just SIT THERE. Right before the timelimit on the map runs out, they will just call a vote to restart the map, or vote for the nextmap, or whatever... when they pass it (and they will because they will vote yes while everyone else watches) they will get to be the first two that get to play on the NEXT map.

Spectators in the Duel gametype should have full voting rights if for no other reason than to kick players.

Already I'm seeing a strong need for a tournament mod to be created for Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast.

Yep .Voting in duels is crap. Was kicked lately by 2 abusers who thought I am too good for em. They just waited till they meet both and voted .I dont care about em but I am afraid this could quickly become griefers tool .

Also I think queue in duels is extremly buggy .Whenever the map changes you coudlnt tell if you go bakc down in queue from first place or conversly.

Yeah, I had some jerk get on top of the ruins of the jedi battlegrounds, and keep me away with push. After 4 or 5 tries to get to him, I finally had to just leave, because that's all I could do.

Another favorite of the griefers is to wait for their opponent to fall into the hole on carbon, and constantly drain him so he can't get out... grrrrr :evil6:

Archived