Home

**SPOILER*** Desann

fs2|dangermouse

i agree. kyle chases this guy half the universe, finds him almost killing his schnookums and destroying the jedi academy. when he finally finds him, after a bit of puzzling, he fight him for 4 minutes until he suddenly falls down, and then he just leaves!

i would have at least checked for vital signs or sliced him up a little or something. just to be sure.

or confiscated his lightsaber in case he woke up. archrivals have a tendency to do just that.

exactly any kind of jedi would of at least removed his head i have since done this again and to my amusment i found even though a final saber lock to taking his head of his hand was still clutching away so yes i done it again and again until i eventually managed to get the final strike to be his saber hand then pissed myself laughing at the fact that he must have used the force to surgically repair his hand in 3 seconds.

Originally posted by fs2|dangermouse

exactly any kind of jedi would of at least removed his head

Hehe, you are definitely a "Good Side of the Force" kinda Jedi eh? :D

I dunno, I would think that with the Force, you could DEFINITELY tell if someone was dead or not. (Note that Luke never explains WHY he didn't feel Desann sneaking up on him, maybe he used an Ysalamiri)

Also, from the way that I chopped him up the first time I fought him, there was NO WAY he was getting back up <G>

Especially the few times after that when I fought him, I played with saberrealisticcombat on, and left very few pieces of him connected together :)

Creston

maybe they did it to leave a possibility of jedi knight III: jedi outcast II. dessan can comeback, because maybe kyle didn't kill him, and couldn't tell since he couldn't be felt in the force. also tavion may still be hanging around somewhere and could come back too. just a hope for the future.

exactly any kind of jedi would of at least removed his head

I tried that, with saberrealisticcombat. Unfortunately, when I cut his head off, I also cut him in half, and he grew another head. Oh well.

I wish the fight with Desann was more just sabers and not him gripping me (which you can't counter) and his lightning. It's still fun to go back and play. Especially trying to get him under those platforms and cut away the supporting pillar. :)

No. I decapitated him cleanly, and managed to slice him in half in a swift double-hit spinning attack after he lost a 'Saber lock with me . All in the delightful slo-mo. But he crumpled in such a way that his torso was almost connected to his waist. The way the cutscene made it look was almost too perfect.

So in my case, all I needed to do was shake my head and high-tail it back to Luke. Desann was very dead. ;-)

But the fight alone was very satisfying for me. It lasted for a good ten or twelve minutes. I didn't use codes, so I sure as hell was careful about things. It was great, because we both took short breaks in-between. Walking back and forth, taunting each other. I healed up. It was great! Just like the movies.

And for those of you in disbelief, the wall-jumps (both side and forward) do come in handy. Just like The Matrix, Desann threw his Lightsaber at me, I did a strafing sideways wall summersault and mannaged to just doge his 'Saber! It almost gave me a haircut. I threw mine just as I landed (very stylish) and I rolled to dodge Desann's 'Saber's return trip, but mine got to him too late. He blocked it.

There was even a small segment where I lost my Lightsaber, and Desann was gunning after me. I ran the other way. He actually chased me! I heard him throw his 'Saber, I rolled sideways. My 'Saber didn't come back yet, so I ran some more. Desann got much closer - too close. I ran to the wall, timed it right, and wall-jumped behind him, just in time to catch my 'Saber. He turned to swing, and we locked!

Roll, jump, wall-walk, stop and taunt.... Wow. If you really know what you're doing, you can dish out some really intense 'Saber fights. Just keep in mind that it has to end sometime. ;-) I was just so thankful that my first encounter the big-boss-man at the end was also my best, and most stylish showings of a Jedi Knight doin' is thang.

GREAT stuff. My best battle yet.

Archived