Home

What's up with the 'shift ~" for console?

Mike89

This is irrating to have to hit the shift key with the ~ to get to the console. First game I have ever had to do this.

In the cfg it is configured the same way as all my other games, (bind ` toggleconsole and bind ~ toggleconsole) yet with this one the shift key is still needed.

So has anyone figured a way around this? There has to be a way.

It's probably like that because , the 1 key is for saber. And a lot of people use WASD to move. And I don't know about you , but when I'm in a hurry sometimes when I go to hit 1 , I'll miss and hit ~ . And in UT , and Q3 , that will bring up the console. There is nothing worse , and being in a 'battle' and hitting ` bringing up the console. It really , ...blows. So adding the shift ` , makes it so you will not do that. And if you've never done that , then I worship your perfect fingering (heh).

probably because the ~ is the secondary function of the ` key. So like with capital letters, and the symbols on your numbers you have to hit shift first so they keyboard knows you are sending ~ and not `.

I apologize for the lack of grammatical commas and the like.

Also, as was said, it's a way to make sure you don't accidentally bring up the console.

my problem is I have shift bound for challenging to duels. So I open console and I challenge someone to a duel in one go.

Archived