Home

Mara Jade skin is ready to go!

AgentAdam002

to get rid of the goggles you dont have to do any coding. just have the skin be a 32-bit TGA file and have your alpha channel clear over the part of the skin that does goggles. you can do the same for any skin, andy part of the model. its fairly quick and painless.

-Tems

Wait you don't need to that coding or maybe you do but, there is a female jedi model. you can see it by using "npc spawn jediF" it's jan's head with kyle/morgan katarn type clothing. You could use it as the base for a new Mara Jade model. Or i could just be crazy like the voices in my head say.

Unfortunately DarthDuke, that JediF model is nothing more than the Jan model w/o a few model pieces. It's defined in the npcs.cfg file. As far as I know, there is no way to use it in multiplayer at this time. It might be possible when the SDK comes out. The code is the only way currently known to remove parts of the model, but removing something like the hip chaps or the vest causes there to be huge holes in the model. Although removing the goggles and the torso computer with the code is perfectly fine. Thanks anyway.

It's pretty simple, really. All you do is go into the .skin file and replace the filename and path of the texture with nodraw and it won't draw that part of the model. Here's an example:

change this:

head,model/player/Mara/head.tga

to this:

head,nodraw

That's all there is to it :)

Oh, btw, I got an offer from a German computer gaming magazine called Computec. They want to use my Mara v2.0 skin on one of their covercds, which I thought was pretty cool.

Archived