Home

"Duel of the Fates" in SP

theedman

I am wondering if anyone has been able to modify the music in the SP battle against Desann. I found a few posts for adding "Duel" to MP games but have not found a way to replace the file (music\yavin_final\yavfinal_boss.mp3) in the .pk3 extension in the base folder. Any suggestions? I've finished the game with the current scripted music but would enjoy to have "Duel"'s chorus singing while wailing on Desann's @$$!

:lsduel:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just use the "music" command in console.

I've create a folder with about 15-20 star wars songs that I took from the original movie soundtrack CD's and put then all into a folder. So I can basically pull up any song I want when I want. And this without changing the original settings in the game.

Here's how.

Put all the .mp3 files you want in a folder that we will name "test" for now.

Then Zip this folder named "test" using winzip.

Rename the "test.zip" file to "test.pk3"

place the "test.pk3" file into you game directory. ex: Jedi Knight II\GameData\base

Then anywhere you want in the game. you can start playing anyone of your songs by typing this in the console: music test/duel.mp3

(note: I'm not sure if cheats need to be enabled for this to work. If so...just type "devmapall" to enable cheats)

Originally posted by IMF-Arel-

Just use the "music" command in console.

I've create a folder with about 15-20 star wars songs that I took from the original movie soundtrack CD's and put then all into a folder. So I can basically pull up any song I want when I want. And this without changing the original settings in the game.

Here's how.

Put all the .mp3 files you want in a folder that we will name "test" for now.

Then Zip this folder named "test" using winzip.

Rename the "test.zip" file to "test.pk3"

place the "test.pk3" file into you game directory. ex: Jedi Knight II\GameData\base

Then anywhere you want in the game. you can start playing anyone of your songs by typing this in the console: music test/duel.mp3

(note: I'm not sure if cheats need to be enabled for this to work. If so...just type "devmapall" to enable cheats)

And what happens when the computer continues to recognize the test file as a zip file, only it's named test.pk3 ? This is what's happening to all my stuff, and it's getting annoying.

And what happens when the computer continues to recognize the test file as a zip file, only it's named test.pk3 ? This is what's happening to all my stuff, and it's getting annoying.

A'Gaeris,

I'm not sure what it is you mean.

If you change the extension of the zip file (for example "test.zip" to "test.pk3") your computer shouldn't recognize that new file as a zip file. Although a .pk3 is just a zip with a renamed extension.(as I understand it)

Make sure that you are actually changing the extension and not just renaming. (for example you could rename it to "test.pk3" but if you are just renaming it will probably become "test.pk3.zip". Which in that case it is still a .zip file)

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "This is what's happening to all my stuff, and it's getting annoying."

Making a pk3 file won't change "all my stuff" as you say on any computer.

Give me more info and I might be able to help. :)

I want a JO Mod to fight these guys: :lsduel:

WHY would you want Duel of the Fates over the original SW score that plays during the Desann battle? That eerie sithy music (same as Luke vs Vader in RotJ) is the best dueling music EVER!

Anyway the console command for music should work...did your put a / in front of it?

It doesn't recognize the command with the "/" in front of it.

I followed the dude's instructions precisely. I put the default Multi-Player duel music in its own "test.pk3" file. During the game, I load up the console and type the following:

music test/duel.mp3

It says that it can't find duel.mp3 as a track or loop file, or something like that.

I don't doubt that it works. I'm probably doign something wrong. But I just can't get it to work.

it should work...I use it all the time.

Here's an example.

Let's say I have 4 .mp3's I want access to:

duel.mp3

barge.mp3

march.mp3

rebel.mp3

I put the 4 mp3 files into a folder called "mysongs"

Then using winzip I compressed that folder. (not the songs but the actual folder with the songs in it)

lets say I call this zip file "test"

now I have a file named test.zip

Rename the extension to pk3

now I have a file named "test.pk3"

Put this "test.pk3" file into your "\Jedi Knight II\GameData\base" folder.

thats all you need to do.

----------------------------------

Then in the game...bring down the console and use the music command. For my specific example the command line would be:

"music mysongs/duel"

or

"music mysongs/barge"

and so on.

hope this help

works for me and alot of other people...so it should work for you also.

I myself was having trouble with putting the compressed file in and getting it to work but the truth is you do not have to zip it just put the folder I will say music in the gamedata\base folder and put the mp3's there and the code music music/"song".mp3 works fine

Ok, you mangs that insist this works are not mentioning something. I have tried all of the methods posted here and nothing seems to work:(

-I keep getting this....Unable to find music "dueloffates.mp3" as explicit track or dynamic music entry! WTF!?:confused:

This is what I do.

I open my WinAmp, Only put the music I want to play

Go into MP, on sound...Turn off Music...

Hit Play Mp3 on ym Keyboard...Instant Music during Play

Of course, I also Have Forward, Reverse, Stop, Pause, Volume Up and Down on my Board..but I guess Im lucky

Well there isn't much more I can say.

I'm doing it the exact way I explained.

It works great for me.

I actually have my different songs binded to keys now. Which is lots of fun.

My favorite is to pull out the song played in return of the jedi when luke is being push onto a plank...and leaps up and over to start sabering people...I love turning that track on when I start slicing and dicing..hehe :)

BTW...I believe the files MUST be zipped then that .zip renamed to a pk3 file. I've tried just putting mp3 files and calling them up...and it never worked. The way I've explained above is working just great for me.

If its not working for u...perhaps you are missing a little detail of some sort.

Archived