Home

JK1 Conversion - Opinions

flumpdumpy

Just looking to get some opinions here, and I know at least a few of you have them so here goes.

I was wondering If there is enough interest/support for a JK1 to JK2 conversion mod. I'm not talking about a direct conversion of everything in JK1 to JK2, that would look awful. I'm talking about reconstructing the original SP levels and some of the assetts into the JK2 engine.

It would be easy to create the mod where it would require JK1 and JK2 to both be installed, so I don't think you'd have much problem from LucasArts.

Anyway, speak your mind.

I'm talking about just recreating the SP missions. Really, if a team were put together, say with 1 person doing one map each. It wouldn't be that big of a deal. As far as models go, most are already recreated in JK2, the only ones that I can think of that would need to be recreated are the incocent bystanders, and some of the boss Jedi. There would need to be some coding done for the mod but it would be pretty minor.

Just making the first map from Jedi Knight would be nice. But I'm unsure about the whole game. The Sariss fight would be easy enough. Just add a Sariss bot character to BGJ 2.0 and you have that level. I suppose it is the same with the other 5 levels against Jedi. Anything is possible....

Archived