Home

Custom Skins/Models in Multiplayer?

Zek

I'm sure this has been said before, but does JK2 support using new skins and/or models on servers that don't have them? If you have a new skin or model, will it let you use them? If so, can other people see them? Will they give you an error if you try to join a Pure server, and if so is there any way to make a skin/model that avoids that?

I'm getting kind of tired of the default models, but I'd like to know if it's possible to use a usermade skin on any server.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, how do people use the team colored skins on Duel/FFA/Holocron?

Honestly, I hope there is no way in hell to put a user-made skin in 'Pure' servers. Because there is always some loser out there who will make a skin that looks exactly like a piece of wall and sit there with a disruptor rifle all day killing people and thinking he's so damned good.

ummm

if your dumb enough not to dload that skin then theres no problem

you can't see skins you don't have, unlike in JK1

i want to be able to use personal skins regardless of server status. otherwise its pointless to have any custom skins minus bot use if they support it

----- Original Message -----

To: 'fetal@optushome.com.au'

Cc: Gummelt, Mike ; Lipo, Pat ; Whitehouse, Rich

Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 3:03 AM

Subject: RE: re : darth maul mp

Nope, pure servers will not let you use ANY file not on the pure list.

-James

in short ...if the server doesnt have it ...u cant use it.

----- Original Message -----

To: 'fetal@optushome.com.au'

Cc: Gummelt, Mike ; Lipo, Pat ; Whitehouse, Rich

Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 3:03 AM

Subject: RE: re : darth maul mp

Nope, pure servers will not let you use ANY file not on the pure list.

-James

in short ...if the server doesnt have it ..u cant use it

Then Raven had better come out with a TON of official skins that can be used on pure servers ASAP in their updates because I want SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! And I want to play online with them.

So there!!!!

I mean there are 2 things wrong with this otherwise great game that Raven need to fix;

1) Make multiplayer sabers more like single player.

2) There are not enough skins!!!! Raven should provide a ton of skins for ONLINE play.

Archived