Home

Mechanical Bug *SPOILERS*

Akhilles

First area in the "streets" after the initial scene in the bar.. there is a transport with 3 thugs in it.

Whack 2 of them, and it seems the transport is shooting at me??? Nope, come to find out there is a 3rd thug that I couldn't see as he was towards the rear of the transport.

Seeing that its not a glass bottomed transport, how is it the 3rd thug was shooting me THROUGH THE SHIP? Shouldn't he have been leaning over the side to sight and shoot at me?

I've seen TONS of mechanical problems like this in Everquest, but I expect nothing but faults like this from THEM, not from LucasArts!! ;)

After dispatching the thug, the "ship" stopped shooting me ;)

:max: Ak

Depends on what thug it was. If it was Greedo, than it is not a bug. The weapon he uses on that level can go through some stuff ie walls etc... I have not tried it but I did read it either in the book that came with the game or the strategy guide that came with the game.

Originally posted by Cpl_Hicks

Depends on what thug it was. If it was Greedo, than it is not a bug. The weapon he uses on that level can go through some stuff ie walls etc... I have not tried it but I did read it either in the book that came with the game or the strategy guide that came with the game.

It was the race that looks like Greedo... still, he could see and shoot through the bottom of the transport.. its silly. That's like the stormtroopers searching the Mil Falcon and seeing Han and company hiding in his smuggling comparments... :eyeraise:

Originally posted by JaledDur

Well if it bugs you THAT much, maybe you should go fix that section of code and recompile. ;) j/k

Oh trust me, if I had access to the code I would ;)

It's just something that I had to live with for a year or so playing Everquest.. creatures would walk through walls, walk through groups of players.. I know the game has to have certain concessions so it is somewhat difficult.. but how do you control a situation where the game just cheats?

Archived