Home

counter-strike like mod with 2 starting points for each team, etc. read on

venoxile

Would anyone like myself like to see a counter-strike sort of mod for jk ii where there would be 2 teams with 2 starting points and when you die you watch others play until the game is finished. Call me strange but I like the thrill of playing knowing that when you die, you're not getting back up half a second later. It adds a lot of stress to playing. If you would also like to see a sort of mod like this post here. ty :D

Well lets see, for the UT engine there was Special Forces, Infultration, Mobile forces, couple others forgot there names since I didnt bother looking at them. Return to Castle Wolf was also similar to CS. The Q3A engine has had a couple mods doing the same thing. Basicaly what I mean by this is starting in certain spots having to use something in the game to "buy" weapons and ammo, and not being able to respawn until everyone else is dead. Granted I know some of these were cool when I tried them a lil here and there but after awhile it just gets old "in my opinion". I wasnt going to bother to respond to this since its just my opinion. No need getting upset when I was stating just that "my opinion". Alot of people like these mods and I am sure there would be a good calling for it, I say go for it if you please.

ya i definetly would play that... i hate knowing in reg mp when i kill someone, it hardly affects the player, and in fact could help him by respawning him in a more strategical position... i like knowing when i take someone out it counted

Originally posted by venoxile

What the fu ckin hell are you talking about? What other insert based counter strike copies from other games exist? Never heard of 1.

well lets see....Counter Strike copied Rainbow Six, but made it more newb friendly, then there were all the mods for UT, Q3a, and then stand alone RTCW and MoH objective games.

I for one would not like to see objective based games in JO, i would like to see some of the tribes game play styles added. Like Find and Retrieve and Capture and Hold. Game Styles that still make the Light Saber a viable weapon.

I would like to see more team oriented gametypes with no instant respawns. Doing this in the CS style would be just fine, but I'm sure there are more interesting ways to set it up. VIP assassination and escape for example. But the old defend/attack target would work too.

Alright, the question is how hard this mod would be to make. And UT Special Forces? I didn't know UT had a CS mod, i stopped playing it about a year ago though heh. :D And everyone knows CS is a cheap Rogue Spear/rainbow six copy. I was a rogue spear addict/rainbow six addict back in the day. Played that game for a year and a half, very addicting on clanladder.

Well, it might be a good idea since there would be no cheaters. i mean it's the modified quake III engine. what are they going to do, wallhack? oh, yeah. we got force seeing. hrmm.... maybe they could use some sort of aimbot. with lightsabers though? oh i know, they could have some sort of speedhack. right, force speed. well, we at least wouldn't see your typical cheaters in jedi knight. i was hoping to kinda steer clear of counter-strike but i wouldn't mind seeing what it would be about. i still doubt i would play it. i would more or less just see how it turned out and then i would go back to playing it normally. this game has a whole different genre of playing. i don't really want to go back to playing cs.

Archived