Home

saber throw sometimes = cheated out of a kill

Jedi Reeves

Sometimes, and quite often because I do the saber throw alot, it will hit the target he will fall over dead, and the message will read for example: Luke died. What it should read is the prompt message saying I killed Luke. I kill alot of people this way. About 10 kills I miss due to this. Anyone else have this problem in multiplayer?

Actually I noticed it with only 2 things ( I just got out of a game). If I throw the lightsaber and kill someone I don't get the kill and the other was with knocking people off stuff - sometimes it would register as a kill, other times not. All my other attacks connected and killed okay though.

ok, the saber throw "no kill for you" bug prob will be fixed with the next patch most likely.

and

the pushing ppl off to their doom and not registering as your kill is NOT a bug.

the thing is the person either hit a small part of the ground before falling to the pit or got a small futile jump off a small ledge after u pushed him/her.

I noticed that several times as well, I think it's due to lag (snipped long convoluted musings on how lag would effect this, as I'm not sure how client / server stuff is set up in Q3)... I'm sure that if there is a patch, this will be looked into. I hope so anyways :)

Creston

I'm beginning to formulate the somewhat bizarre theory that the self kill caused by the saber is from the hilt hitting them.

I dunno why I think that, it just makes sense to me, I think the hilt prolly does damage that doesn't get attributed to the person who thru it and it sort of looks that way, not sure. Might just be a bug, but im gonna find a way to test the idea.

Lucky

Archived