Home

Few seconds freezing in MP

Mara-Jade

Hi everyone,

I always get up to 3 seconds freezing during the game without anything I could see that could cause it. but I also get freezes everytime someone joins a server for about 1 or 2 secs. this can be very deadly since the game runs on while this freeze and often I find myself falling down or dead after that freeze. I had those freezes also when accessing the scoreboard with TAB and everytime I died. those 2 freezes are now gone since I disabled the defer player models option. I just cant get the other ones to disappear :(

does anyone have an solution for this, Im getting mad all the time when I get those freezes :(

my system:

Win2k

AMD TB 1.6GHz

GF4 Ti600

768 MB RAM

Abit KR7A

Running all details on maxed except volumetric shadows on simple at 1280x1024x32

the scoreboard or join "lag" is caused by the game having to load new models for people joining. there should be an option for defer player model or something of that nature in the options that makes the game wait until you die to load up new models into memory.

Im using the 27.70 drivers.

as I said the freezing when accessing the player board and dying is gone since I turned that defer player model option off. but these freezes get worse every day. yesterday I got about 5 of them in 20 secs without any reason. died 3 times because of it. it also crashed my whole computer 2 times already because the sound loop wouldnt stop and the game didnt stop freezing anymore.

Archived