Home

Same ai in sp and mp

aVENGER

If possible, it would be totally awesome to use reborn, tavion, desan, shadow jedi, jedi students, etc in mp as bots.

I had the time of my life playing against the sp jedi, but in mp the bots are a touch flighty and are not able to perform similar to the sp bots. For example, bots in the trial pit level almost never can get to you if you are on the platforms. In sp, the bots have no problem getting to the ledges in the lab level which the trial pit takes after. Does Raven's license with id for use of the Quake 3 engine preclude them from modifying bot ai any further than they have?

Raven -- WHEN you release an expansion pack, please consider giving us bot ai like that used in the sp game. The sp characters seem fully capable of doing all the things a bot needs to do -- why not give us the pleasure of their challenge in mp? I for one would pay more for mp bot ai similar to sp jedi ai. Fighting the jedi bots in mp is lackluster by comparison to sp.

i agree, but you have to remember that the bots in sp have the massive advantage of "knowing their arena". Thus they have the routes required to get to every nook and cranny preprogrammed in. Plus any "tricks" or good strategies that are obvious to a person are also available if the developers know exactly what environment the bot will be in.

The mp bots are still impressive considering their adaptability, but the sp bots were always going to be better.

Still, it would be nice to see a few more stunts and variety in mp. No reason a bit of wall detection couldnt be used for a few backsprings etc.

Hmmmm, while i'm on the subject of *****ing, it would also be nice if the bots didnt charge in sooooo close to you so that neither dueller can block the others attacks (resulting in mad chopping and huge health loss for both). Duelling does not take place with 2 jedi standing 0.01mm away from each other.

A bit of code revision to stop the bots thinking "hes in front of me, so ill go forward" would be nice. No human would ever constantly try to get in that close, cos it turns into a pointless bloodbath <sniff>.

Much rambling later.........

I take your point, and improvements are possible, but what your asking is a little OTT.

You CAN challenge the SP Jedi in MP

/helpusobi 1 =cheats

/map (mapneme) example:map Duel_carbon

/setforceall 1-5 Whatever level force you want...

/npc spawn (name of NPC you wantto fight)

Like...

/npc spawn Tavion

/npc spawn Desann

/npc spawn reborn

/npc spawn rebornboss

/npc spawn luke (you can turn luke against you by using grip on him for a second)

/npc spawn jedi

/npc spawn jeditrainer

And so on You can spawn whatever you want and how many you want in any map you want

Archived