Home

I'm suprised that this wasn't in the game...

IMF-Arel-

Something is missing in this game.

-- Being able to hang from a ledge or walkway. --

I'm I the only one who noticed this?

Seems to me in the movies Luke or someone is always hanging off a ledge from a near death situation.

It would have been a realy cool move to have in this game for numerous reasons.

1. Second chance from making an awkward jump.

2. Contermeasure against being force pushed off a ledge. What would be cooler than having someone force push you and you grab the ledge at the last minute just to force jump back into action and take on your attacker.

3. Simply seeing the character hang on. What better game to hang from a ledge than Star Wars with its bottomless pits :)

Anyways...just wanted to mention this...don't know if this has been talked about before...but if it hasn't...wouldn't it be a cool addition to an already rockin' game :)

I'd have to agree, being able to catch the edge of a passing platform after being spam pushed by 8 people off of a overpass in ns_streets would make that map a bit less pointless.

Pretty much now the option is fall....die...respawn....join in the push war....bleh.

CTF is quite nice though, hope the editing tools come out soon, we need more CTF maps.

Yup! In SP that would be pointless but in MP as a special move would be quite cool indeed!;)

-I hope Raven releases those tools soon. These Vanilla maps/models in the game have become quite old quick:(

-I understand thier logic as to why they did this. They wanted to leave alot left open for the JK][ Community mappers and modelers, which is very cool. But c'mon Raven, we need those damn tools!!:eek:

The first Q3 game I saw this feature in was the Urban Terror mod. No puzzles in that one.

I thought it was easily the best thing to hit fps gaming in a LONG time. Not practical? Its totally practical. After playing Urban Terror for a while I became addicted to it. Now sometimes I get frustrated when I can't use it in other fpses.

Not in Jedi though. It would be a welcome feature but as it is I am not missing it.

Guest Forceflow

I too really missed that! And I think it would've been a great adittion to the single player game. You could've made it just like it was used in the TOmb Raider games. Put your weapon away and then you can do some higer jumps, climb ladders, hang from ledges, etc. Would've made the game a lot better I think. Some of the (pretty repetetive) jump puzzles could've been converted into some more fun things.

As for the use in MP, I think that wouldn't have worked to well, remember you would need to be very quick to put away your weapon in order to still being able to hold onto a ledge.

Anyways, I would really like to see some of that implemented into JK II, though soemhow I doubt I'll ever see that happen *sigh*

Well, it's no secret that I'm in no way fond of the tomb raider line, but I do play a lot of UrbanTerror and wouldn't want to miss that feature there.

Besides, I think it would match the other artistic traits of Kyle quite well.

As for 'putting away the weapon to make higher jumps'... I wouldn't like that.

Why? Well, lets face it, JO is a SHOOTER in the first place and although I sometimes switch my saber off just to have that nifty activation animation when I face the next enemy it sure would be a bad idea to constantly switch between some kind of 'action mode' and 'exploration mode'.

Well, or maybe it's just me and I consider it too TombRaider-ish? :)

Digital_Ronin

One game that should have had that in it as a must have is Max Payne! -Great game but the fact of not being able to grab/pull up from ledges seemed sorely missing from that game. Would have been a great addition to it....just my .02 S!THsense:rolleyes: :p

At first I was thinking that it would screw up the level design being able to reach areas that you're not supposed to (as it would in most FPS/TPS) forgetting about the force jump. Maybe when the SDK comes out someone could create it, and perhaps balance the multi a bit better in the same time.

Archived