Home

Changing Saber Colour in SP

AKPiggott

How do you change the player's saber colour in Single Player? Is there a file (like in JK1) that defines Kyle's saber colour? I've tried replacing the texture files and editing the shader file, I get the recoloured saber, but the trails are still blue.

[edit: I forgot to say, this is for a mod, it's not the console commands I am looking for...]

There was a whole forum about changing the colors of the sabers, and it was determined that to do it properly you will have to wait for the SDK.

That was always the trouble was the trail and the glow on the ground staying the same color of the saber that you replaced.

I even tried it myself with no luck. SDK should be out I believe sometime next week.

You have to play the game with cheats enabled (devamp <mapname>) Then in the console type

sabercolor <color > (yellow, green, etc etc)

Although in cutscense the saber will still be blue, and each time a new level is loaded it will change the saber col,or back to blue.

You can bind a key to do it :

bind l sabercolor <color>

Originally posted by AKPiggott

[edit: I forgot to say, this is for a mod, it's not the console commands I am looking for...]

Hehe... thanks anyway Krak3n....

OpTiMaL, that sounds good, I'll check it out when the SDK finally arrives. Cheers.

Archived