Home

My Vote, Best Multiplayer Game Of the Year

leelink

This game definately get my vote for best multiplayer game of the year. I haven't been this hooked on the multiplayer portion of a game for as long as i have been gaming (20 years). I am at work right now and I am dying to get home and have some more saber duels and play nsstreet map. I know a lot of people dont like that map and hate that they get pushed and pulled all over the place, but once you start to understand the strategy and that almost every action in the game can have a defensive or offensive reaction, you will realize how much fun it is and be a step closer to becoming a real jedi master in the game. At first i was kinda upset at the force powers and they could be used so easily, but after playing for about 60 hours I realized that they arent easy to pull off if your fighting someone who knows what they are doing. This game reminds me of the game balance the mortal kombat series had. Any of you any good at those know what im talking about. there was always a way to attack someone if you knew the counter move and could anticipate thier moves. I just wanted to say great job guys on the multiplayer dynamics of the game. I feel it is well balanced and my only gripe is i would have like to see more special moves like the wall walking, and jump kicking.

Leelink

Like Darth Vega said, it's a bit early yet, but it's definately gonna be a strong contender! I think UT 2003 will get it, in fact I think Unreal 2 will get SP game of the year too. Of course, if Starwars Galaxies gets released this year and doesn't have the same problems that the horendous Anarchy Online did, then maybe that will win MP game of the year? All in all, it's too early to tell, but I must say this is the best thing I've played since UT!

Archived