Home

Jedi Knight III

obijonkenobi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BCanr2d2

Hmm, 2006-2008, by 2005 we will have had Episode 3 in the theatres, so I think that we will see the next SW FPS as a Prequel Trilogy based game. I see that by 18 months time we will have an expansion to JO, so that gets us to late in 2003.

jk2 was originally gonna be a prequel but they then replaced that with "Obi Wan"

How about this.. you play one of the Reborn who survived JO (maybe got out on an escape pod from the ship when it blew.) So you have no real idea what's going on, just that you want to kill this Kyle Katarn bloke. There could be some decent plot moments, like Tavion stopping you from killing Katarn at the last moment.

This plot would justifiably let you go through the whole dark-side / red-saber thing.

Presumably, you'd turn to the light side (at which point the whole lightsaber-building thing some of you were going on about could happen).

Anyway.. there's my tuppence worth.

Originally posted by XManny

Hopefully LucasArts and Raven don't decide to put the SDK and source code with the Expansion, like 2015 and EA with MedalOfHonor: Team Assault. That's just plain money making.

Who cares if they do? I think everybody on this forum is going to buy the expansion anyway. Well, I guess the only issue would be if they already had the SDK and waited for the expansion to release it.

Originally posted by Temperamental

I can't remember whoever said this.. But I believe you are qrong.. Raven said that the Jedi Outcast was Kyle. Because of his disregarding his force powers and turning his back on the Jedi and the Force.

Yeah, I always assumed the outcast was Kyle. However, that's an interesting observation about Desan. It's kind of ironic that both Kyle and Desan are outcasts of some sort.

Originally posted by cj7816

Who cares if they do? I think everybody on this forum is going to buy the expansion anyway. Well, I guess the only issue would be if they already had the SDK and waited for the expansion to release it.

On this forum, yes, but everyone else? I, for one, loved Medal of Honor, but no way I'm going to spend 30 bucks on an mediocre expansion just for the SDK. And to make the JO expansion non-crap Raven would have to take some time, which means the SDK won't be out for a long long time. Until then, many people will be gone and modding for another game.

I really liked the idea of working as a storm trooper that progresses thru a military campaign, then is discovered to have force powers.

In a quakeII TC (i was looking so foward too and had gr8 graphics), had a similiar plot. This was 3 years ago..got cancelled cuz this was coming out.

When it was found that you had the force, Vader would order you to come before him. He is gonna kill you, of course... your father, a ranking officer, knows this and sends you away on an shuttle..now you are enemies of the empire AND the rebellion.

The timeline is up in the air....could easily be a prequel.

Imagine accurately modeled star destroyer which you could actually walk around in with no threat at first (while getting to the shuttle). The imperial academy. The Seinar Fleet Systems ship yard...other wretched hives of scum and villany (sp?)

I REALLY hope this happens one day....but lucasarts is all about a universal rating, so unless your character is only in the empire to wax the floors...

I guess we'll see how well Knights of the Old Republic does as a role-playing game, but I think this would be a GREAT setting for another FPSer like Jedi Outcast!

I've read a few of the comics set ~4000 years (?) before Episodes 1-6, and they would give a WIDE variety of characters/aliens to play.

Hmm, here's a thought: We never really saw many "non-bipedal" aliens in Outcast. I've like to see some more: Hutts, Ithorians, whatever. . . let's see them in the mods!

Don't expect a jk3. I'm guessing we'll have an expansion, as well as the ep 2 FPS that we're bound to get.

hrmmmm........ story....

Maybe 20 years down the track. Kyle and Jan's kid. Kyle's dead (seeing he's old now) and Jan's kidnapped. The kid goes after her (or is that a little too

Episode 2-ee?

Heh all this talk about Kyle being killed. Sure, I'd prefer someone else, like Mara Jade or Luke, but you have to admit, Kyle's pretty damn good. Killed Gorc, Pic, Maw, Sariss, Boc, and Jerec, now Desann, a lot of reborn and shadowtroopers.

If there was to be a Jedi Knight III, I imagine it would involve the Vuuzhun Vong... and for what they are doing in the Expanded Universe, SOMEONE needs to kick their asses. So far we see Luke and Mara, Anikan, Jacen, and Jaina really fighting them... but the Solo kids aren't doing so well. Where's Kyle during all of this, when all the Jedi are being slaughted? Perhaps we'll get our answer...

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Kyle could finally be controlled by the Dark Side. This game was all about Kyle as a Light Jedi, so now I have an idea.

Desann's spirit wants revenge, so he takes over the very being who killed him. Then you get to run around the galaxy killing New Republic citizens and soldiers until finally Jan or Luke or Tavion or whoever confronts you. No one yet knows that Kyle is possessed by Desann's spirit, so everyone thinks you're evil. But then something as-of-yet unconceived happens, and Desann's spirit is driven out of Kyle and destroyed. The end.

I guess being an author can come in handy sometimes.

I think it would be cool if there was an apprentice for awhile and then one day, some badass sith lord or whatever shows up and fights both of you.

(insert story line here)

Anyway, the fight is actually a hopeless one just like the first battle with Dessan in JO.

SO... the sith lord KILLS Kyle and you, the apprentice, do the whole NOOOOOOOOO!!!! thing a la Obi-wan Ep. 1 style.

That's one way for the torch to be passed on, but I think a lot of people don't want to see Kyle die. Either way...

All of the ideas here are really good. Why not string them together?

Archived